Looking to get rid of that baby weight!

krisssa
krisssa Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello out there! I am a 30 year old mom to two babies (ages 17 months and 4 months.) Losing weight with my daughter was so easy--- it came off in 6 weeks (just in time to go back to work and fit back into my old wardrobe!) I have not been as lucky this time. The weight is stubborn and I have been viewing myself as an unhealthy person... that view has just led to poor choices in what I eat. I need to view myself as someone who makes good choices and leads a healthy lifestyle (especially because my food choices are also impacting my 4 month old right now and what I eat is going into his body, too!) I want to find time for myself to exercise and eat as healthily as I feed my 17 month old. :)

I put some fruit on the table for starters... it certainly has worked with her, as she demanded two bananas and an apple today for 'snacks.' Now if only I can do that, too...

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    I am in the same boat. Mine is the first baby though. It's been 2 years and I have lost all my baby weight, plus almost 2 pounds. I am trying to eat healthier too. My son is constantly eating healthy food. I cook food for 2 weeks and I eat what I can. I fix enough for me and I know he will run around and eat my food as well, so that helps a bit. He loves bananas, yogurt, and fruit juice, which I water down so he doesn't get enough sugar. I am trying to follow in his footsteps. Haha:) If you are looking for a friend and some encouragement I will be more than happy to help you.
  • mckennamom
    mckennamom Posts: 18 Member
    Same boat here. My LO is 8 months old and I am below my pre-pregnancy weight, but I had gotten a bit heavy while trying to conceive because it was such a challenge. I want to set a good example for my daughter by snacking on healthy things and I want to make sure that I am stabilized at a healthy weight before we try for our second.
  • Thanks! I will add you back. Congratulations on losing that baby weight! I have become more aware now of what I'm eating too because my daughter always wants a "bite???" haha. :) She had a dairy allergy for quite a while but can have dairy now, which is nice (yogurt, cheese, etc.) She doesn't know what juice is yet (haha- not sure how long I can keep that a secret from her!) and has the choices of almond milk or water each day. I'm surprised she hasn't tried to drink MY juice yet. One of these days...
  • Conceiving with our first was a challenge for us as well! We used fertility treatment to have my daughter and then were able to have our son without it. I think it's a great idea to get back into shape before trying for # 2!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Hi I am looking to rid myself of my baby weight and get back to me.... My husband and I are done growing a family and I am ready to take my body back. I only had ten lbs to lose after my first, but then my second added to that... so now I have 20lbs to go. I am ready to be me again. I am really wanting to lose inches off my baby belly... and have a waist again.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    There is something so liberating about knowing you are done having babies and ready to claim your body back! I love my girls dearly, but I am ready to claim my body back, too!
  • hi ladies,

im also looking to get rid of my baby weight :-( ive half heartedly tried since he was born (6mths ago) but now on full on with shifting the weight!
    my gorgeous little man is lovely and having my new body means i was lucky enough to have him so that makes it all good :-) however i would love to feel lovely mysekf and smile at my own reflection
    having a baby is life changing for the better in so many ways but its so easy to lose grip on your own self, not being at work, not having time to spend with friends or on yourself.......but 2011 for me is all about BALANCE!!
    i want to be a fab mum, a fab wife and good at my job (i scarily go back tomorow!!)

if anyone needs a buddy in the same boat then feel free to add me :-)
This discussion has been closed.