Trying new foods

Options
So I went grocery shopping the other day and decided to try some new foods; cottage cheese, ground turkey, weight watchers foods..etc. I LOVE the ground turkey. I was a little hesitant at first to try it because I don't like turkey too much, but I LOVE it! I was not too fond of the cottage cheese. I could eat it, but I don't like the texture too much. Does anyone know any way to make it taste a bit better?

Replies

• Gut2Glam
    Options
    I try my hardest to try new foods as often as I can, but I've never been able to deal with cottage cheese. haha. Maybe you can add fruit?
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Mix the cheese into vegetables or with tuna fish (or anything that you like) and try that... i always mix it or put it on wholegrain bread:)
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese on top of salads and it tastes really good.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    the texture of cottage cheese grossed me out for so long!

the way i got myself to eat it (other then cooked into eggs or egg whites (and omlettes fritattas etc and lasagna)
    was to take about a 1/4 cup of it and a tbsp or 2 of salsa and mix them together to eat corn chips or crackers or veggies.

once i got used to that after a while i actually can eat it plain now.

another way i'd eat it was mixed into a taco salad instead of reg cheese and sour cream
  • Larry7995
    Options
    I am going to try multi-grain flat bread crackers and cottage cheese.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    For cottage cheese I mix in a tablespoon of natural jam (strawberry for now) and add a few pieces of fruit (thaw out frozen if you have that) and mix it all together. Makes a very yummy sweet treat that is not too many calories and the cottage cheese tastes better
  • laydeedancer
    Options
    Try adding some cinnamon to the cottage cheese. Or a little bit of fruit - pineapple, applesauce and jam are all faves of mine.
  • Ktesauro
    Options
    I have found you either like cottage cheese sweet or salty. I do not care for sweet as many have suggested-I love small curd 2% with salt, pepper and tomatoes. Maybe that will be your preference!
  • michellelynne1
    Options
    You know the taco seasoning mix? I mix that with the cottae cheese and use it to dip celery and cucumbers :) Yummy!
  • karittu
    Options
    Mix fresh pineapple with the cottage cheese..it's delicious!!
  • chrisd0201
    chrisd0201 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese and it was my "go to" snack until I realized how much sodium it has in it. Breakstone has a reduced sodium choice, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I have quit eating it and was able to maintain over the holidays. I have some edemanme that I need to try...never had it before and I am not sure how to cook it. I think I will try to roast it.
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have to eat pepperoni with cottage cheese. Not like mixed together, but I like to eat a pepperoni, and then take a bite of cottage cheese.
  • jarmstrong0711
    Options
    wow...thank you for all of the great suggestions.. I think I mite have to try them all because I bought a large container of cottage cheese and I don't want it to go to waste!!! doesn't hurt to try right?