Ripped in 30 / 30DS: do I need to follow meal plan?

Options
Hi all,

I'm planning to start RI30 after finishing 30DS. Its difficult for me to follow her meal plan because a lot of stuff she recommends is expensive here. Has anyone had success doing RI30 or 30DS without following her meal plan?

Of course, I still plan to stick to my current calorie limit.

Thanks!

Replies

• anna_conkers
    anna_conkers Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't need to follow the meal plan, the work outs plus calorie counting are all you need! Good luck.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just finished a month of 30DS and did not follow her meal plan either. Just used MFP and counted calories. Good Luck! You will love it :)
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred was the first program I ever started with and I never followed her diet. In fact I never follow the diet plans that come with the dvd's and I have a lot lol…. i get bored easily. I just try to eat as clean as I can and stick in my calories. And I do cheat now and again hehe. But when I do, I plan for it and work for it. The thing i found I didn't care for with JM dvd's was they were the same day after day and like i said, i got bored. So I would rotate. I like to trick my body so it doesn't know I do the same thing every day.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Another vote on not having to follow her specifi diet.
    Many times these things will talk about eating/drinking certain things to ramp up metabolism, get your body burning, etc etc etc.

They are just buzz words.

something like what I have been hearing on the radio about some diet pill. They are touting that "if you start to lose weight too fast drop down to just one pill a day".
    Wow, a weight loss pill that may work too good Ihave to reduce? Where can I sign right!!!

Just a marketing ploy.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my last 2 days of the shred. I did not follow her meal plan and lost 6.5 pounds. I just use MFP and read a lot of the forums. I educated myself about eating healthy and limited calories to 1400 a day. I still cheated a few times a week and even attended a wedding and splurged on the food there and the weight still came off.
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much all of you! I'm excited about starting RI30 and am very relieved to hear that I won't have to follow the meal plan to get results!