possibility of excess skin

Options
I am 5'5" I am currently at my highest weight of about 195 lbs. I want to lose the weight quite aggressively I have pretty much always been overweight and usually gain weight primarily around my thighs then the rest is spread out through out my body. I am a college student if that helps at all and so curious about the possiblity of loose skin if i tried to lose 50-60 lbs and if it would be better to focus on cardio, strength or both. Thanks!

Replies

• josiemarie982
    josiemarie982 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    im aiming to lose 50pounds ish lost 17 so far, I do kettle bells once a week which does cardio and toning and then gym rest of week, previously have lost four and half stone and did gym and toning which got rid of loose skin, hope that helps
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Not everyone is going to have loose skin, not everyone is going to loose weight at the same rate, and not everyone is going to loose on the same workout routine.

For me, lots of cardio and portion control helped me loose the 120lbs. I have some loose skin on my belly and thighs, but it looks way better than my "before" version of me! =)
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    at 195 i think youll be fine. i dont have any noticeable loose skin so far after losing 65 lbs, but if you really are worried then hit up the gym and lift some weights to build some muscle mass to tighten up