calories accumulated

Options
Hi Everyone

I've been logging all week. I've accumulated around 4000 cals this week. I'm out this evening with some customers. I don't want to feel guilty as I will be having a few beers and some vodka and soda waters !!!
I've had a clean week however.

Is this ok ???

Bear in mind I'ce changed from drinkiong regularly and when I mean regularly...I was drinking virtually everyday !!!!

Replies

• HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Don't ask what's ok and what not. There are only two mantras around here that I've learned so far
    - IIFYM - if it fits your macros
    - calories in - calories out

So, log everything you eat and drink tonight and see to it, that you manage to have an overall deficit - at least from the whole week's point of view. Otherwise, worst thing that can happen is that you will hinder your weight loss - not a big deal. Decisions, decisions :wink:
  • fryfat
    fryfat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go with the vodka / gin and seltzer (not tonic) and you'll have way less calories than beer. Just make room for it in your calories, either exercise it out or skip a meal.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no reason to feel guilty...

but how do you accumulate 4000 calories....that's eating almost 1k less a day than you should have...
  • Manny0311
    Manny0311 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

but how do you accumulate 4000 calories....that's eating almost 1k less a day than you should have...

Basically I signed up Monday Morning and after a heavy weekend, I decided, that's it, I'm going to get back to it !

My cal intake should be circa 2500 per day. However on the Monday and Tuesday I ate very light.

I regularly workout 4-5 days a week. Elliptical and bodyweight training such as lunges, squats, mountain climbers, burpees and push-ups seem to do the trick and I feel well worked after this !

Like I said I've now had to make big changes as my cheat evenings became cheat days, my cheat days became cheat weeks and the weeks just became cheat months for a long period of time !!!

But you know its Friday today and I have been invited out for dinner and drinks !!!
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Drink and eat moderately, have fun (but not to much), Log and move on. Start over that next day with a fresh start.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

Don't ask what's ok and what not. There are only two mantras around here that I've learned so far
    - IIFYM - if it fits your macros
    - calories in - calories out

So, log everything you eat and drink tonight and see to it, that you manage to have an overall deficit - at least from the whole week's point of view. Otherwise, worst thing that can happen is that you will hinder your weight loss - not a big deal. Decisions, decisions :wink:

This ^^^^

I have banked some cals over the week for a fabulous evening eating curry and drinking whatever the host provides when I walk through their door this evening.
    I work to weekly cals and it's worked for me for years now.

Go and enjoy yourself!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Basically I signed up Monday Morning and after a heavy weekend, I decided, that's it, I'm going to get back to it !

My cal intake should be circa 2500 per day. However on the Monday and Tuesday I ate very light.

I regularly workout 4-5 days a week. Elliptical and bodyweight training such as lunges, squats, mountain climbers, burpees and push-ups seem to do the trick and I feel well worked after this !

Like I said I've now had to make big changes as my cheat evenings became cheat days, my cheat days became cheat weeks and the weeks just became cheat months for a long period of time !!!

But you know its Friday today and I have been invited out for dinner and drinks !!!

Hmm try not to do that too much...you need those calories to fuel your workout...

That being said enjoy tonight...I think I will have a few myself...for me all along as long as I averaged a deficet through the week I was good..and overall from June till now I have maintained a good deficet even with my "nights out"

Again have fun...vodka is always my choice...with soda water and lime...nom nom
  • Manny0311
    Manny0311 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all for your replies. Have a good weekend.

Website is awesome and so are the people that are involved on it.