proteins

Options
I keep finding myself over on my target for protein. I am under on everything else is this gonna hamper my weight loss? It is making me nuts cause it seems everything i eat is high in protein:noway:

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I keep finding myself over on my target for protein. I am under on everything else is this gonna hamper my weight loss? It is making me nuts cause it seems everything i eat is high in protein:noway:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    MFP sets the default protein allottment a little short. It won't hurt you to go over some, especially if you're exercising. Protein helps repair muscle.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've had a major problem with too much protein ever since I joined. It IS ok to go alittle over, according to everything I've read on here.
    It sure is amazing how even fruit has protein, isn't it?!!! I've adjusted and slowed up eating WAY too much protein by having mainly oatmeal for breakfast and salad for lunch. I also exercise alot more these days, and that makes it so that I get plenty of protein grams for supper, and even a snack later on.
  • LMKupizza
    Options
    one of the reasons people dont lose weight is because they dont get enough protein and too many carbs... id say its better to go over on protein then go over on carbs or fat.... don't stress it too much!!!
  • wendyk523
    Options
    I agree-- Talking to a nutrition Doctor -- he said it's better to eat too much protein than too many carbs. But be sure the protein is lean. I lost 44lbs - eating much more protein and lower carbs -- all "good carb" and fish, white meat chicken, and extra lean beef. I still go over in protein all the time.