I need help!

Options
Hi,

I have bee doing well with tracking all my food, the one thing that I struggle with is when I make dinner for the family. If I do meat, veg and salad it's easy. But when I do a stir fry, soup etc I find it very hard to be accurate. I use the recipe builder and make up my own recipe, but I never really now how many serves it will make and you may end up with more meat etc than another serve thus adding more calories to your serve. We have two children who of course eat different portions.

Any ideas? Has anyone worked by weighing the whole pot of soup and the weighing your portion? Tips and tricks would be a great help. If I can make this meal as easy to track as others then I know that I will keep at it:)

Replies

• exorcistt
    exorcistt Posts: 14
    Options
    Don't get too neurotic with the tracking thing, as long as you're cooking with healthy ingredients, just listen to your body and don't over eat. Simple.
  • horrorfan
    horrorfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What I do is log how much of each ingredient I put into the meal on paper, and then just weigh my portion. If you make a pot of food that's x calories for the entire thing and you eat 1/8 you just divide the total by 8 and that's usually pretty accurate give or take a few calories. Don't worry too much about a few calories as even 20 miscounted calories a day for a week cannot even budge weight loss by too much.
  • lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks weighing after it's cooked
    may be the way to go....