New to Fitness Pal

Options
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say Hello! I have read a few of the other posting and they are all so motivational! Here's to hoping for new things! Big things are about to change in my life...so I want to meet it head on by looking and feeling my best.

My health, my family (especially my two boys) depend on me! Lately it's felt like I've been spinning out of control! Well I'm taking back control because I CAN do this! Hopefully with help from this site, the wonderful I-phone app, and a few prayers here and there. I will obtain my goal!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the future! :) Best of luck to all!

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined a year ago and have lost a total of almost 60 pounds. Just take it one day at a time and in no time you will be on your way to a healthier fit you!
  • Juttalein
    Options
    Keep going with your diet and exercise , the best wishes for you !!!
  • Juttalein
    Options
    Good job keep going !!!
  • matthogan
    Options
    Just joined again I have high blood pressure so need to make sure my diet is correct. I think I will need some friends to help!
  • kcran723
    Options
    I just recently joined and am looking for someone to kind of partner up with as a buddy for motivation. I would like to lose about 30 to 35 pounds thru watching what I eat and exercise. Anybody else looking for motivation?:smile:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to say Hello! I have read a few of the other posting and they are all so motivational! Here's to hoping for new things! Big things are about to change in my life...so I want to meet it head on by looking and feeling my best.

My health, my family (especially my two boys) depend on me! Lately it's felt like I've been spinning out of control! Well I'm taking back control because I CAN do this! Hopefully with help from this site, the wonderful I-phone app, and a few prayers here and there. I will obtain my goal!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone in the future! :) Best of luck to all!

Welcome aboard! :) I just joined about two weeks ago and have lost 3 pounds since joining. Woohoo! I think I'm falling in love with MFPal. (Haha. Don't tell my husband.) I'm a mom to two girls and I also work full-time so juggling all of this has been interesting. :wink: Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I think a support circle is a great form of motivation. :smile: Good luck with achieving your goals in the New Year!!!
  • gsg37
    gsg37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! I am new as well and hoping this sight helps me reach my goals. I know I have to stay motivated in order for this to work for me so I am hoping to make some new friends on here to help me along the way! Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    Another newbie here. I want to loose about 25 pounds by May 1,2011. My daughter will be graduating from grad school and I want to look alittle better. I also have hypertension and diabetes so exercising really helps controll that. I had lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago but felt defeated when I couldn't loose the last 4 lbs so gave up and put the weight right back on. Now have another reason to get it off and will try to keep it off this time. Plan to head to the gym tomorrow morning to get things off to a good New Years start. Nice meeting you all.
  • Mom2JonandAlex
    Mom2JonandAlex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a wonderful welcome!!

I'm a Mom of two beautiful boys, ages 10 and 7 and work full time. Just graduated college in November...and gonna start back in Spring for my Bachelors...so I think if i get into a good routine now, the transition back into full time school/work won't be so bad.

I'd ideally like to lose about 40lbs by summer (June/July)...but have a goal to lose 100lbs by next Christmas. It sounds daunting, but I'm just going to take it a pound at a time, otherwise I get so overwhelmed I give up.

I so look forward to interacting with everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome...and it's so nice to know I'm not alone :D
  • tabby92011
    tabby92011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 18, and a senior in highschool. I have to loose 180lbs. To get to my goal weight which is 160lbs. I've been trying to loose weight for such a long time. And I don't understand why I'm fat, I've been in marching band for 6 years now, and that keeps me active. Plus now I'm on a basketball team. I eat under my 2000 calorie goal very often. I don't know why I can't loose the weight. I really wanted to get my goal before senior prom but it is in a couple months and I still have 180lbs to go. I would still love to loose a much weight as I can before it, to fit in the dress of my dreams.
  • sweetmo
    Options
    Welcome ... good luck. Feel free to send me a friend request.