200 lbs to lose need motivation

Options
I have 200 lbs to lose and I plan to do it with diet and exercise. My Dr has advised me to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and when I can start to work out he wants me to increase that to no more then 1800. So I am 200 lbs over weight and I always do great for the first few weeks then fizzle out. I am very motivated by the numbers on the scale and I become obsessed with watching them which makes me crazy when I don't see them going down, and then I start to spiral out of it and go back to my old eating habits. I don't want to do that again. I also feel that logging in every day is key to my success so I am looking for people who have lost or want to lose a large amount of weight so we can do this together!!! I want a text buddy or chat buddy and I want to be able to count on them and them on me....this time this has to work I know I am in the right frame of mind and I hope to stay this way!!!

Replies

• chattyyaz7
    chattyyaz7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HIya,

Yeah I know what you mean, Ive been yoyo dieting for years and years. So far ive lost 1 stone, and now im using this site to trying lose the rest of my weight. I want to lose around another 42-50 lbs. But I keep losing my motivation as well!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    First thing I would say is... don't be restrictive. The moment you start cutting out foods you love or start demonizing foods (bread is bad, cookies are evil, cake makes me fat), you will fall into the abyss known as 'off the wagon'. In reality there is no wagon though. If you have a bad calorie day, just log it and move on. You can still eat all of your favorite foods though, you just have to exercise moderation.

Second, buy a cheap food scale and weigh all of your food. Seriously, it's the best investment I ever made and really maximizes my caloric potential.

And third, don't go all balls to the wall gung ho about things. Whether for diet or exercise, doing too muvh too fast is a sure fire way to fall back into bad habits and yoyoing your life away.

Read the threads here on the forums, listen to the MFP 'meanies', and you'll be well on your way!
    Good luck and hsppy MFPing.