What in the world

Options
MFP is an awesome tool for me and I have become acquainted with some great folks. But this week was my weigh in day...I only weigh once a month....and I thought I had done pretty good...but there was only a 4lb loss....I posted my disappointment and was immediately bashed for being insensitive to others struggle.....the person obviously had missed something...but I was so thrown back by the comment....they later realized I meant for a month and not a week and apologized...but we all have our own struggles and battles...my battles are just that mine....I do appreciate advice, encouragement even a swift kick in the but if I am getting off track...but if I am disappointed in me why would you even think I was being insensitive to you even if I was talking about a loss in a week....I think I am a pretty tough cookie but the comments really got to me...and me and my pity party feel off the wagon for two days...LOL..like that is going to help me get where I need to be...but as of RIGHT NOW..I am back on the right track...and more determined than ever...the devil is a liar and tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning...I will do this.....Please be careful how and what you say to others...nothing wrong with constructive criticism/advice but don't tear the person down.....we are all after the same thing...we just all have different routes we choose to take....just needed to vent...NOW on to a new me...and YOU!

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    4lb loss in 4 weeks is perfect.

I didn't get much past that, because hello paragraph/sentence structure
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    MFP is an awesome tool for me and I have become acquainted with some great folks. But this week was my weigh in day...I only weigh once a month....and I thought I had done pretty good...but there was only a 4lb loss....I posted my disappointment and was immediately bashed for being insensitive to others struggle.....the person obviously had missed something...but I was so thrown back by the comment....they later realized I meant for a month and not a week and apologized...but we all have our own struggles and battles...my battles are just that mine....I do appreciate advice, encouragement even a swift kick in the but if I am getting off track...but if I am disappointed in me why would you even think I was being insensitive to you even if I was talking about a loss in a week....I think I am a pretty tough cookie but the comments really got to me...and me and my pity party feel off the wagon for two days...LOL..like that is going to help me get where I need to be...but as of RIGHT NOW..I am back on the right track...and more determined than ever...the devil is a liar and tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning...I will do this.....Please be careful how and what you say to others...nothing wrong with constructive criticism/advice but don't tear the person down.....we are all after the same thing...we just all have different routes we choose to take....just needed to vent...NOW on to a new me...and YOU!

First of all, shame on that person for being insensitive to YOUR struggles.
    Second BOOMshakalaka! Four pounds in four weeks is fabulous! Congrats!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Love MFP but sometimes you get the good w/ the bad. I've noticed certain topics are hot buttons and will set people off. And others will post for advice and then get defensive and upset because they're sure they've been doing everything right and don't like the advice given - yet they're looking for advice.

Hang in there, move forward, and any other uplifting sayings you can think of. :)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You probably got that because 4 lb is a great loss in a month and you were disappointed in losing more than most people can
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    4lbs in a month is a great loss.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You need new friends. Period.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4lbs in a month im jealous how dare you ; )
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the problem is...4 Lbs in a month is excellent. Perhaps a reassessment of your expectations is in order...that's right around a pound per week which is solid and a very healthy and safe way to lose.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Haters-Gonna-Hate_zpsa752e142.gif

Can only hope it was temporary insanity on their part ....... most people are helpful, but some get their kicks by being snarky .......

A big congrats on your weight loss ....... keep on truckin' !
  • GatorUA
    GatorUA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4 pounds is great for a month's time. But the forums are full of haters and negative people. If you posted the loss on your friend feed and got negativity, then it's time to weed out the negative people in your friend list. Our friends lists, to my way of thinking, are people we can support and cheer on, not take down with negativity. So if you have negative people on your list, you can easily de-friend them. :)

And keep up the great work! You are doing really well and don't let anyone tell you anything different!
  • tammyb1995
    tammyb1995 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the way it reads...and I know 1lb a week is the healthy right way and that's what I told myself.....
  • tammyb1995
    Options
    Thanks to you all for the comments and you all are right 4 lbs is great and the healthy way. I did go through and "weed" out my list of "friends"....I need constructive and supportive criticism not to be beat up. With that being said....moving on and more determined than ever!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all for the comments and you all are right 4 lbs is great and the healthy way. I did go through and "weed" out my list of "friends"....I need constructive and supportive criticism not to be beat up. With that being said....moving on and more determined than ever!

good work!!!! that's totally the right attitude!
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options

lol OP exactly why you need not come to the forums next time you feel that way. These people will tear you down no matter what you say. If they can't find a problem with content, they'll find an issue with grammar, if that doesn't work, they'll go for sentence structure. If they lose there, they'll move on to the next person they can pick on. There are plenty of beautiful, uplifting, awesome people on here, but just as many insecure ones (probably from current or prior weight issues) that feel better when they find fault with you. The best way to avoid that for next time is to find comfort in friends and family. They are the ones who will really hear you out and remind you how great of a job you're doing, which you are! 1lb/week is AWESOME!
  • tammyb1995
    Options

lol OP exactly why you need not come to the forums next time you feel that way. These people will tear you down no matter what you say. If they can't find a problem with content, they'll find an issue with grammar, if that doesn't work, they'll go for sentence structure. If they lose there, they'll move on to the next person they can pick on. There are plenty of beautiful, uplifting, awesome people on here, but just as many insecure ones (probably from current or prior weight issues) that feel better when they find fault with you. The best way to avoid that for next time is to find comfort in friends and family. They are the ones who will really hear you out and remind you how great of a job you're doing, which you are! 1lb/week is AWESOME!

[LOL..I thought the same thing but figured I couldn't win...and you are right about careful posting. I am slowly but surely learning this site...but for all the little downs the ups far out weigh the downs]