Feed me!

Options
I joined myfitnesspal about a month ago on my ipod touch. I weigh 329 lbs, down 22 lbs since 10/28. I quit smoking 3 years ago and gained 40 lbs. When i quit smoking I fed off of praise and encouragement, and it helped me tremendously in my effort to quit. I have told my daughter for years I would loose weight but never followed thru. She is sixteen now and also over weight, and I don't want her to follow in my footsteps in that regard. My goal is to weigh no more than 275 by June 1st when I see her next, which would be 80 lbs less than when I saw her last June. So please FEED me the encouragement I need to do this. This is much harder than quitting smoking. But with friends and encouragement I know it can be done!! Thank you, myfitnesspal is the bomb!!!

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the 22 lbs lost!!! Good luck on the rest of your journey, you can do it!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    quit smoking yesterday for my second time (don't know why I ever picked them back up) gained 30 lbs in 1.6 years and have dropped 25lbs so far. Now with the exercising and eating right I'm going to quit that habit for good and not gain a bunch of weight. :) I see a 5k in my future and p90x starting tomorrow.

You can do it! You can be that healthy, role model. :) You can workout and change the bad eating behaviors and be the lighter father for your visit.

You may even want to tell her about what you're doing as she may want to join you prior to your visit. :)

Nice job out of you!!!
  • sfrench1979
    Options
    Just remeber u are doing this for her. She looks up to u and u need to show her that u can do it and she can do it. The older she gets the hard it will be for her. Congrats so far and keep it up.