Yep, the scale is a liar...

Options
….and here is more proof for you. My results below. Before on the left, after on the right.

There’s not much of a difference between pics – a tiny bit slimmer in the love handles/thigh area. Here’s the kicker – my AFTER pic is 2 lbs HEAVIER.

These are my 30 Day Shred Round 2 results. I did the 30 Day Shred 2 years ago, and decided it was time for a repeat. I have been on my “fitness journey” for over 3 years now. I lost about 20ish pounds 3 years ago, and have been in maintenance for about 2.5 years.

This time the shred took me about 50 days – 50% of the time I was eating at a small deficit (~10%), and watching my macros; and 50% of the time I was eating several hundred over maintenance daily (I was stressed in general, and simply didn’t track). I also ran 8-10 miles a week.

I just wanted to re-iterate the message – take pictures, take measurements…because the scale does not tell the whole story!!!

71ffa16c-f455-445f-96d0-bab370ab4804.jpg

Replies

• Lindsikin
    Lindsikin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I hate scales! I want to bash mine with a hammer.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I should bash mine, too. I'm just tired of seeing how much weight I'm gaining lately. Great job on your journey!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    me too lol
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Also great job of keeping it off for 2.5 years too!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Definetly a liar, wow you look great!!
  • EddieCuellar77
    Options
    Maybe you've gained muscle? Great progress! :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    huh?! I must do the shred back again!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! I weigh myself daily for the heck of it but I love the measuring tape and loose clothes so much better! :-) Awesome job.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to see today. Ugg I wanted to throw my scales out the window last night. I actually felt bad because I took a rest day yesterday.

Then I remind myself that this isn't a race and there are changes a scale will not show! Thanks OP and great work, you look awesome!
  • pghfitgirl
    pghfitgirl Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you all very much!

And I am happy to host a scale thrashing party, we can do it Office Space style, in a field with hammers.
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    YEAH mine naked said 243 while doctors next day with clothes said 247 and of course they went with 247 even though i told them that morining it was 243 butt naked
  • singallagher
    singallagher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    nice job, well done.
    30 ds rocks!
  • LillithM
    LillithM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look great! By the way I love you tattoo :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!