sleep-eating

Phrick
Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
I woke up this morning and went to the fridge to get a glass of water and was shocked to find a cookie box empty on the floor! I put away all the food last night so I'm certain it wasn't left out from the night before. The dogs aren't smart enough to get into the pantry so I can't blame them either - the only thing I can assume is that I ate them in a sleep-walking episode. Scary thing is they were peanut butter no-bakes and 70 calories a cookie and there must have been 10-12 cookies left in there yesterday :noway:. I've done this kind of thing before so it's totally believable to me that I could have done it.

The real question I guess is do I / HOW do I log them??? If I ate 10 cookies then that's almost half my daily calories that I wasn't even conscious to enjoy! :sad:

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Attach some sort of burglar alarm-like device to the kitchen door that goes off whenever you open it, waking you up. Problem solved.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    How do you log them? Unfortunately, you have to log the number of calories you ate. Eating while asleep does not reduce their calories. My husband has done this before (sleep eating) but only when he's been on sleeping medication. Is that the cause of yours?

Also, you can get those small mouse traps, the spring loaded kind and put them in front of places you keep food. Trust me, even subconsciously, you'll never sleep eat again after waking up to that.
  • angiesugg
    angiesugg Posts: 13 Member
    Hey There:

I can totally feel your frustration! I would recommend to lower the stress of what you cannot control. Easier said than done yes...I am also working on it. But....this may be of some help. I am seeing a coach that is helping through this. This is what I have recently begun working on. Forget trying to calculate how much you ate in a night. Just keep your daily calories consistent no matter what you ate in the middle of the night. For example, I am hitting a certain set of a macro profile every single day give or take 5 of each macro no matter the hell I ate. It def takes the stress off as you are focusing on meeting your goal for the day. Over time, your body will adjust.

This disorder is maddening and is VERY distressing. Hang in there!!!