Abs after babies?

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    You should focus more on Your kids, not how You look. Besides I am guessing You are married - so You already have someone who likes You and thinks You look fine. Creepy photo btw :/

wut.gif

are you lost?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You should focus more on Your kids, not how You look. Besides I am guessing You are married - so You already have someone who likes You and thinks You look fine. Creepy photo btw :/

What's wrong with wanting to look a certain way? Yes, most of us focus on our kids and our spouse. There's nothing wrong or selfish with taking care of yourself. Can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself. I'm not married and I don't care whether guys think I look fine because I do it for me, not someone else.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

This isn't just "how we look". This is how we perceive ourselves, our self esteem. Loving ourselves. I do focus on my kids and my kids need a mom who loves herself, who radiates self confidence. So that to, can rub off on my kids as well. And just because my husband loves me, doesn't fix MY body issues. I'm the one who looks at myself everyday in the mirror, no one else.
  • staceymae19
    staceymae19 Posts: 63
    Options

Wow that was mean.... I do focus on them. My husband works out as well and whats wrong with wanting to look the best you can?
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I'm not sure how you talk to your cat friends, Catfriend, but you might want to work on your ~humanfriend~ skills.

EDIT: I had a baby 11 months ago, and while I'm not working the most rock hard body around (my belly skin is still pretty flappy and crazy, honestly), I'm 5'3, 116lbs, and in pretty dang good shape. You'll definitely get there, OP, just keep working at it! ALSO!! Make sure that you don't start going hardcore with your abdominals if you've gotten diastasis recti from your pregnancy!! Take care of that first, and things should come together nicely :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Words to live by.....Read them and learn them!

"Remember no one will ever know how ignorant you are until you open your mouth!! "
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    And who's picture is she calling "creepy". I saw nothing but beautiful women. Shrugs. :ohwell:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

you should probably focus on having some tact.

badattitude.gif

ETA: here's another brilliant comment from our "Catfriend" in a thread about eating out at restaurants: "Hm well You already have a boyfriend so why do You need to lose weight/care how You look?"
    yikes. sorry you got hurt. there are other guys out there.
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    Abs? what are those? ;)
    It's possible! I myself am not there yet... I mean my kids are ONLY 7 and 5 ;)
    One day!
  • staceymae19
    staceymae19 Posts: 63
    Options
    And who's picture is she calling "creepy". I saw nothing but beautiful women. Shrugs. :ohwell:

Pretty sure it was mine :(
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options

wut.gif

are you lost?

This made me LOL. I love John :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Not a 6pack but I think it counts as "abs". 3 babies, no C-sections.

20127619_9389.jpg
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i need an updated one, because there is more definition now, but this is post baby, so all things are possible....
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I've had three kids (ages 18, 17 and 10) and I don't have the chiseled abs, but I can hold a grown man standing on my stomach. Core core core.
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    If you want awesome post baby abs, look for MireyGal. That lady rocks and has abs that I'd love to lick chocolate sauce off. :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

This is the second judgmental and offensive post I've read from you in ten minutes. You're going to get yourself reported soon, if it hasn't happened already.

OP: Before you start any ab training, make sure you don't have diastasis recti. Easy enough to google and test at home, or you can ask your GP. Traditional ab exercises can make this worse and give you a more pronounced "pooch". Best of luck!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Go away troll.

grrrrr.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

wut.gif

are you lost?

Don't worry about the troll above. She's the one who ranted about not being able to take her dog into the gym, admits to having psychological issues but can't seem to get the help she needs BUT can afford designer clothes (which she thinks this other girl would've stolen...another girl who she admitted she was envious of because she was skinnier than her)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Abs here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/summer8it/view/best-abs-of-my-life-at-39-588977

It's been quite a while since I've had a baby -- 11 years! -- but that means I'm also dealing with getting older. And I love my husband and son enough to want to be the best possible me for them.
  • Carolynn43
    Carolynn43 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes I have four children anything is possible clean eating and lots of core work outs