Options
Im curious

I drink ALOT.

About twice the recommended amount :ohwell:

Replies

• mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A lot of water is a very good thing! I aim for 64 oz minimum, but usually I go over that. Especially days I run and sweat a lot.
  • kcrosso
    kcrosso Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh 145 and I drink about 4 liters on a good day. 64oz, is a bare minimum and most people do not actually get the amount their bodies need. I drink double that.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Too much water (or anything really) can be bad.

Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/

Fortunately, I doubt you are drinking six liters of water in three hours.

And it depends on how much water you are losing. Yesterday I did ~2 hours of cardio and drank 1 liter of water during that time.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Most days, I drink 100-130 oz., mostly before 5 pm. After that, I don't tend to drink that much.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A lot. I have a 20z water bottle and a water cooler right outside my office. I fill it up at least 3-4 times a day, plus what I drink at work or the gym (another 1 or 2 bottles).
  • huntermaz
    huntermaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drink about 210-300oz a day, if I run or do a bunch of cardio I try to get closer ro 300 than 200. Lots of bathroom breaks.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    At least a gallon.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I drink about 210-300oz a day, if I run or do a bunch of cardio I try to get closer ro 300 than 200. Lots of bathroom breaks.

Really? Over 2 gallons? Wow. That seems like a lot.
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    at least a gallon usually. only time i've drank more is in the summer when im at work or something and sweat a lot.
  • qwicherbytchin
    Options
    I usually drink about 100 oz. I just find it goesdown easily now that I drink it on a regular basis.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    I drink 1 gallon daily (for the most part, every so often, I miss that goal)....That's 16 cups or 128 ounces daily.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm usually right around 100 oz also....6 bottles a day (and yes I use the same bottle over and over again!)
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I drink 8, 8 ounce cups, so about 64oz a day. Some days more, some days less but that is my goal to shoot for. I'm about 120 pds.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    80-120oz not including tea, coffee, wine, etc. I'm always stumped when people say water tastes terrible or that they can't drink it.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    64-80 oz. minimum, but usually a lot more. And that's just water, not including coffee or tea or anything else. If I don't hit AT LEAST 64 oz, I feel super gross. Probably just a placebo thing but I'm just so in the habit that without my water I lose it a little bit.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much I sweat, how much salty food I have, and how thirsty I happen to be on any particular day. I do not track - I think that we humans don't give ourselves enough credit for knowing when and how much to drink.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I average 80 ounces a day. This does not include my coffee, tea or protein drink.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I always hit a gallon as a minimum and I'm usually between a gallon and 1.5 gallons.
  • Bamboo678
    Bamboo678 Posts: 5
    Options
    I drink 2 to 3 litres...min 2 litres which adds up to 8 glasses.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I drink whenever I am thirsty. Sometimes that's 4 cups a day, sometimes that's 4 cups in an hour.

> I think that we humans don't give ourselves enough credit for knowing when and how much to drink.

Bingo.