Mission 3H - Health, Happiness, and a Hot Bod

Options
Hey Everyone !

My name is Kendra and I just turned 21 this past November. I've recently went to the doctor's and found out that I am now in thhe 300lb bracket. Talk about devastated. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I have decided to do something about it. I am taking 2011 and using it as a year to transform myself inside and out. I have an appointment for a session with a trainer this coming thursday, and I am going to change my diet. I'm looking to take this journey with people who want this as bad as I do. I also got engaged over the holidays so that just makes losing this weight that much more important. I'm a very picky eater and I would love advice on how to lose weight with foods that taste good. Thanks!

Replies

• beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement!!!

You will do this - this is your year! I can tell already that you are determined. If you get over the first month of all the new lifestyle changes, they become habits and before you know it you will be reaching your goals in no time!!

Hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I too am in the 300 range, well not quite anymore but close! Since i have joined MFP I have lost 21 pounds. I have a long journey ahead, 130 more pounds to go. I have made up my mind that this is it, I'm tried of feeling bad about myself. We can do this together. If you should make a bad decision or slip up, just remember that it is not the end of your diet, just pick yourself back up and keep going. It's a matter of persistence and believing that you are worth it! Good luck and add me as a friend if you would like. Take care and keep coming back everyday!
  • Kjeff001
    Kjeff001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I am very determined and I hope to be just as successful as you guys soon! =) And the friend requests are more than welcome lol.
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    Happy New Year. This site is definitely for you. The people are wonderful, you get the support you need, and it really helps you stay motivated, encouraged, and focused. I wish you the best and welcome you as well.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    It all starts here! You can do it!!! You're absolutely gorgeous!!
  • Kjeff001
    Kjeff001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so nice and positive! I really appreciate the nice words :happy: