True Nerds! Top 5 SNES RPGs!

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i didn't have SNES. i had a 1st gen Atari and a 1st gen Nintendo. then i found that i prefered books to games. and later i found LARPing.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My parents only let me play educational PC games when I was a kid. Anyone want to list their Top 5 Super Seeker/Learning Company games with me?

Whatever that game was with Microsoft Encarta (ha ha), I don't remember the name, but it was pretty rad and educational!
    I was pretty into PC games growing up, like the X-Files multi disk game
    The newer Oregon Trail (that was also so many disks)
    Warcraft
    Doom
    The 7th Guest
    etc.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My parents only let me play educational PC games when I was a kid. Anyone want to list their Top 5 Super Seeker/Learning Company games with me?

how many times did dysentery wipe out your party in Oregon Trail?
  • blakebailey87
    Options
    1. Chrono Trigger
    2. Final Fantasy III
    3. Super Mario RPG
    4. Final Fantasy II
    5. I'll include Breath of Fire even though I didn't like it as much as the previously-mentioned.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    pssm_scan.jpg
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    In no particular order:

1. Earthbound
    2. Secret of Mana
    3. Secret of Evermore
    4. The Legend of Zelda: ALTTP
    5. Illusion of Gaia

And I still play them to this day. :)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Fully forgot Super Mario RPG (still own it, still play it), Breath of Fire, and Lufia! I actually rocked Lufia quite a bit in the childhood years.

GOOD ANSWERS, PEOPLE!

And, I'm sorry, did someone say the only game they played for SNES was sonic?!? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

Mario just punched you from his fictional home, perhaps in Donut land or wherever.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    ctrl+f Terranigma 0 results

good day sir!

grandpa-simpson-arrives-and-leaves_49_zpsa049ebdc.gif

i take it back didnt know this was 2 pages already.

3. Terranigma

sudden relief
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    1. FFVI - Even today it remains my favorite FF of them all. Forever ship Locke and Celes and OMG Sabin Ownage!
    2. Chrono Trigger - REALLY close to FFVI but the music isn't *quite* as awesome.
    3. Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past - Nuff said
    4. Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen - Technically a strategy RPG (although not quite FFTactics, which, btw, Tactics Ogre came first), but it's impossible not to include this one.
    5. Breath of Fire - for some reason there's just something about the ambiance of this one always got to me.

Honorable mention to Lufia as well but I didn,t get very far there either :(

However I haven't played Earthbound and I barely grazed the likes of Secret of Mana and Terranigma. And played FF and CT on emulators and my Playstation because, well... Hard to find much?

While I had my SNES the games I did own were Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island (to this day still a favorite), Mario Paint (lol), NHL 95 aand I think that's about it. I also regret selling it :(
  • AshwinA7
    AshwinA7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I still think Chrono Trigger is one of the most fun games I"ve ever played. I bought the PS version with the New Game + combined with FFIII... but I never played FFIII. But I've played Chrono Trigger more than any one game.

That and Mario RPG. Damn that game was so much fun.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    To nitpick:

LTTP taught me how to read as a little kid and it has near-holy status in my pantheon of good games. But I wouldn't necessarily call it an RPG because there aren't stat roll calculations being run behind the scenes when you perform actions in the game, as opposed to Secret of Mana/Evermore where there's HP calculations per hit, etc.

Jusssst saying. :)

RPG = Role Playing Game
    Technically, any videogame is an RPG =P

But if you wanna get technical, I'm pretty sure LoZ classifies since you get stronger from defeating eneies and completing quests (new items, heart containers, sometimes have to gather intel in a village, that type of stuff).

Then again that would also sorta classify Super Metroid if you stretch the description far enough :P
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Whatever that game was with Microsoft Encarta (ha ha), I don't remember the name, but it was pretty rad and educational!
    Warcraft
    Doom
    The 7th Guest
    etc.

I def. remember an Encarta game, haha! I had all those, like, Treasure Mathstorm, Gizmos and Gadgets, Spellbinder type games, too. And Oregon and Amazon trail, and a bunch of one-shot educational games as well. PC games are still my jam, WoW, Dragon Age, Left for Dead, the Sims, etc. :smile:
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You should all be my friends. Let's all go get a beer.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Warcraft
    Doom
    The 7th Guest
    etc.

I def. remember an Encarta game, haha! I had all those, like, Treasure Mathstorm, Gizmos and Gadgets, Spellbinder type games, too. And Oregon and Amazon trail, and a bunch of one-shot educational games as well. PC games are still my jam, WoW, Dragon Age, Left for Dead, the Sims, etc. :smile:
    Oregon Trail
    Organ Trail
    Sims 3
    WoW
    W:tA
    C:tL
    Shadowrun
    Hollow Earth Expedition

wait..... sorry, just went right into straight-up RPGs...
  • waiting4change
    waiting4change Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The only SNES game I enjoyed playing - Dungeon Master!!!!!!!!! Best Game Ever :)
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I'll stick with a hi-potion, neat.

you win the internet :drinker:
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Duck Hunt!

Sorry, all I ever got to play was Mario Bros. Oh, I had a kick *kitten* Commodore 64, though! And Pac-Man on my Atari. :smile:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

I was going to ask for someone to cast Curaga on me, with a chaser of ether, but now I'll need eyedrops b/c I can't stop staring at YOUR AMAZING RESPONSE!
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well since this thread is now an early pc educational game thread I'll bite.
    1. Super solvers
    2. Word muncher
    3. Oregon trail * always ford the river! Yolo*
    4.sim tower
    Not even worthy of a number Mavis beacon teaches typing. Although the car level was pretty cool, too much poop on the windshield for me :-(
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Marry me.