Replies

• jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Mario RPG
    Chronotrigger
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

not sure on a 5th...so many good SNES games. Anyone on this list should add me as a friend. Friggin amazing thread.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.
  • fatalis_vox
    fatalis_vox Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here.

Open Mailbox.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Open mailbox!
    -unknown command
    Open the mailbox!
    -unknown command
    OPEN THE F@!#%* MAILBOX!
    -the mailbox is locked
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My parents only let me play educational PC games when I was a kid. Anyone want to list their Top 5 Super Seeker/Learning Company games with me?

Whatever that game was with Microsoft Encarta (ha ha), I don't remember the name, but it was pretty rad and educational!
    I was pretty into PC games growing up, like the X-Files multi disk game
    The newer Oregon Trail (that was also so many disks)
    Warcraft
    Doom
    The 7th Guest
    etc.

I def. remember an Encarta game, haha! I had all those, like, Treasure Mathstorm, Gizmos and Gadgets, Spellbinder type games, too. And Oregon and Amazon trail, and a bunch of one-shot educational games as well. PC games are still my jam, WoW, Dragon Age, Left for Dead, the Sims, etc. :smile:

Gizmos and Gadgets was friggin AWESOME. Also Oregon Trail. Evercrack...err...i mean Neverrest...err...EVERQUEST!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My parents only let me play educational PC games when I was a kid. Anyone want to list their Top 5 Super Seeker/Learning Company games with me?

Whatever that game was with Microsoft Encarta (ha ha), I don't remember the name, but it was pretty rad and educational!
    I was pretty into PC games growing up, like the X-Files multi disk game
    The newer Oregon Trail (that was also so many disks)
    Warcraft
    Doom
    The 7th Guest
    etc.

I def. remember an Encarta game, haha! I had all those, like, Treasure Mathstorm, Gizmos and Gadgets, Spellbinder type games, too. And Oregon and Amazon trail, and a bunch of one-shot educational games as well. PC games are still my jam, WoW, Dragon Age, Left for Dead, the Sims, etc. :smile:

Gizmos and Gadgets was friggin AWESOME. Also Oregon Trail. Evercrack...err...i mean Neverrest...err...EVERQUEST!

Everquest rocks. I met my husband on EQ2. :)
  • fatalis_vox
    Options
    You should all be my friends. Let's all go get a beer.

I'll stick with a hi-potion, neat.

Marry me.

I totally would, but we're a few states apart and I haven't found the airship yet.

Just use a chocobo.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Marry me.

I totally would, but we're a few states apart and I haven't found the airship yet.

Just use a chocobo.

this thread continues to be the best thing I've read all day.
  • fatalis_vox
    Options

Marry me.

Just use a chocobo.

That might work, but sadly my part of the state is really lacking in patches of forest to walk around in. I could always check the grocery store for Gysahl Greens though...

Fight the Ruby Weapon, win the Desert Rose, and go give it to the old guy in Kalm. Bam, instant Gold Chocobo!
  • daweez04
    daweez04 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Honestly, end of SNES is what got me hooked on RPGs. Only played 3 of them, then PS1 came out and I played the GREATEST PRG of all time, FFVII.

Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario RPG
    Earthbound
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Marry me.

Just use a chocobo.

That might work, but sadly my part of the state is really lacking in patches of forest to walk around in. I could always check the grocery store for Gysahl Greens though...

Fight the Ruby Weapon, win the Desert Rose, and go give it to the old guy in Kalm. Bam, instant Gold Chocobo!

The ridiculous level of awesome in your idea has inspired me to bust out the old Ultima Weapon and get her sharpened up. Pick out a dress and make sure it's got good stat bonuses.

Okay, summoning Bahamut in an attempt to get your flirting into a private space, like those safe zones that are monster-free and allow you to sleep in a tent and save your game...
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I should do this like j_bark and just post it in my friends' feeds, especially b/c my forum posts usually crash and burn. Aaaaaanywaaay...

Let's take a brief, brief Dr. Who break, nerds, and get down to your (potentially) 90s roots.

TOP 5 SNES ROLE-PLAYING GAMES OF AAAAAALLLLL TIIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE!

1. FFIII
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Earthbound
    4. FFII
    5. Secret of Mana

Yes! (to 1, 2, and 4).

I still follow Final Fantasy! Love it! (all of them really).
    I didn't have many SNES role playing games, but I had those three and they ROCK!
  • embrace_the_dark_side
    Options
    Pong!!!

am i doing it right?
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    Pong!!!

am i doing it right?

we're gamers. who cares if your doing it right, as long as your playing
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    True nerds would use the proper numbering for Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy II and III were NES games, not SNES games. Final Fantasy IV and VI were SNES games, but were stupidly re-named to II and III outside of Japan.

Either way, I don't have that much experience with SNES RPGs. Prior to the Playstation I was an Amiga gamer. Ask me what my top 5 Amiga games are and you'd get a decent answer, but I can only think of three SNES RPGs that I've played. Those would be (in order):

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Secret of Mana
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    True nerds would use the proper numbering for Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy II and III were NES games, not SNES games. Final Fantasy IV and VI were SNES games, but were stupidly re-named to II and III outside of Japan.

Either way, I don't have that much experience with SNES RPGs. Prior to the Playstation I was an Amiga gamer. Ask me what my top 5 Amiga games are and you'd get a decent answer, but I can only think of three SNES RPGs that I've played. Those would be (in order):

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Secret of Mana

*sigh* all nerd groups have a guy like this in their circles. The go to when you can't remember the elemental weakness of the last optional mini-boss, but to whom we all collectively eye roll when the legislation comes rolling out...
  • JustinAnimal
    Options

Marry me.

Just use a chocobo.

The ridiculous level of awesome in your idea has inspired me to bust out the old Ultima Weapon and get her sharpened up. Pick out a dress and make sure it's got good stat bonuses.

Okay, summoning Bahamut in an attempt to get your flirting into a private space, like those safe zones that are monster-free and allow you to sleep in a tent and save your game...

And exactly how much MP do you have again?

I've got a turbo ether and a couple of tinctures standing by, not to mention I run an Inn, so replenishment all of the time. We haven't had that magic well installed yet, so I might have to sleep on it. You guys seen Cid anywhere? I hear he's good with tech...
  • JustinAnimal
    Options

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Secret of Mana

Yeah, the nerdier-than-thou attitude hurts the positivity of a forum like this. I suppose I could have gone to a wiki and looked up the differences in versions released on U.S. vs. Japanese soil, but since I was just trying to be nostalgiac for my childhood, I thought I'd list the version I've played.

A true nerd wouldn't play Amiga, either, you square!
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options

1. Final Fantasy VI
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Secret of Mana

*sigh* all nerd groups have a guy like this in their circles. The go to when you can't remember the elemental weakness of the last optional mini-boss, but to whom we all collectively eye roll when the legislation comes rolling out...

I was just joking. I was going to post "heh, just joking with you" at the end of that paragraph, but I figured it was already pretty evident, and nothing kills a joke like pointing to it and saying "hey guys, look. I made a joke". Turns out trying to use sarcasm and dry humour on the internet kills the joke pretty badly too.
  • MagJam2004
    Options
    I was just joking. I was going to post "heh, just joking with you" at the end of that paragraph, but I figured it was already pretty evident, and nothing kills a joke like pointing to it and saying "hey guys, look. I made a joke". Turns out trying to use sarcasm and dry humour on the internet kills the joke pretty badly too.

sorry for missing the joke. Sometimes sarcasm in text is wicked hard to catch sometimes. much like redundancy.