Ladies-5 ft & Under..How many Calories a day?

Options
I am 4 ft 10' and currently 192 lbs. I workout maybe 3-4 times a week but nothing strenuous. I may burn 150-300 depending on my workout that day. I am just curious as to what women my height eats on a daily basis. What method you use to come up with your calorie intake and if you feel us shorties need less calories to lose weight.

I was thinking about the TDEE-20% method but it just seems like so many calories a day. It is scary!

Replies

• julianne824
    julianne824 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. Myfitnesspal has me at 1,770 calories per day. I find myself satisfied at the end of the day when I consume anywhere from 1500-1600. I also exercise 3-4x a week. Yoga, elliptical, walking doggy. I made my journal public if you'd like to browse the past week of what I have eaten.

I recently started increasing my water intake and I found after 2 days I have a big increase in energy and less bloating. Hopefully next week I see something nice on the scale.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Do you eat exercise calories back? How tall are you?
    I am the same as you. Myfitnesspal has me at 1,770 calories per day. I find myself satisfied at the end of the day when I consume anywhere from 1500-1600. I also exercise 3-4x a week. Yoga, elliptical, walking doggy. I made my journal public if you'd like to browse the past week of what I have eaten.

I recently started increasing my water intake and I found after 2 days I have a big increase in energy and less bloating. Hopefully next week I see something nice on the scale.
  • julianne824
    julianne824 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    On a regular day I don't really eat calories back.

I only do that when I am going out. Its a nice cushion because when I go out I like to get what I want and have a couple drinks.
  • Emmyre43
    Emmyre43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal put me on 1400 cal. Im also 4ft.10... looking to lose 45lbs. lost 8 so far!! Add me when you can.. I eat what I want, its just PORTION control. So we plan the whole days food first, then eat & exercise light, in between. LOTS OF WATER!!!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty. What matters more is how much you weigh and how active you are.

You will be able to eat more at 190 lbs while still losing weight at a good rate. When you get to a lower weight, you will have to eat less or lose more slowly (or both.)

I'm around 120 and 1200 will get me about a pound a week loss.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    PS: The MFP method works out to be so similar to the TDEE method. I'd put in your #'s and find out:

What your maintenance # is (pre exercise)
    What your 2 lb a week loss # is (pre exercise)
    What your 1 lb a week loss # is (pre exercise)

Then each day, depending on your needs and wants of the day, eat anywhere between your lowest # and highest #. Add exercise calories if you eat at the 2 lb a week rate of loss, add them for 1 lb a week rate of loss if you want them, and don't add them if you eat at maintenance.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty. What matters more is how much you weigh and how active you are.

You will be able to eat more at 190 lbs while still losing weight at a good rate. When you get to a lower weight, you will have to eat less or lose more slowly (or both.)

I'm around 120 and 1200 will get me about a pound a week loss.

also remember that the calories given are based on weekly weight loss goal...and at 120 1/2lb a week is a good rate...

I also think most people under estimate what their activity is...esp women who have office jobs...if you are a mom you are not sedentary...
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    also remember that the calories given are based on weekly weight loss goal...and at 120 1/2lb a week is a good rate...

I also think most people under estimate what their activity is...esp women who have office jobs...if you are a mom you are not sedentary...

I'm not overweight, but my doctor has suggested that the best way to treat some medical issues is to lose weight. Not sure if that's right but willing to give it a shot. I'd rather lose the weight more quickly and see if it does help what's bothering me. (I recently got a fitbit and it matches up with what MFP has estimated my activity to be.)