how do I add a dvd workout to my exercise diary??

Options
Hi! I'm new to myfitnesspall & I am LOVING IT!!! :happy: I have several dvd based workouts that I do for strength training and I'm wondering how to add it to my exercise diary??? Do I have to enter each exercise & rep individually?!?! I'm hoping there's an easier way... Any advice? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• noles33
    noles33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a heart rate monitor, then I would try to Google and see what others burn during the same workouts and average that out. Failing that I would use the MFP burn for cardio or something similar to the workout you're doing. Maybe taking it down a bit so you don't overeat the calories back.

A heart rate monitor is a great investment, though. If you get one, make sure it's one with a chest strap, and don't trust the pre-programmed calorie burns -- try to find a good website that tells you calorie burn based on average heart rate and input that into MFP.

Also, welcome to MFP!! I love it, too!! It's like an awesome challenge to see your calories in and out, and watching progress (other than the scale and measurements and pics) online is awesome!
  • ashleylynn39
    ashleylynn39 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    it may not be as accurate but I log my dvd workouts in as either aerobics (if it's an aerobics workout, like what a class would do) or calisthenics if it's more stuff like pushups/situps/crunches/etc... I use a Minna Lessik (sp?) dvd that is awesome! the calories *look* and *feel* about right, so I go with it... but i'm sure looking it up on bing or google would be most accurate....
  • neceyluv
    neceyluv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is just the answer I was looking for! New to MFP and use DVDs exclusively for my workouts. I never paid much attention to the number of reps I'd do, just knowing it was 8 or 10 or 12 was always enough for me. I'll be more aware of exactly what I'm doing and figure it out somehow. Thanks!

It would be awesome if we could just quickly enter the DVD. Maybe I can write the individual exercises once, then give it the same name as the DVD and save it? Hmmm....