Anybody Following Fit for Life / Food Combining

Options
Hi! Just wondering if anyone here is following Fit for Life also known as food combining. And, I think the Hay Diet is also food combining. Anybody following this way of eating??

Replies

• catwinc
    catwinc Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi was actually trying it now. I am counting the minutes to 12 pm
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I used this diet to maintain a working weight when I was modeling. It does work, but not for the reasons the authors site in their book. Most of the research they based their ideas on is antiquated and new research has shown different results..... Regardless, it does work, just not for the reasons they think. It can be very expensive if you are on a limited income. The warnings about withdrawl are correct though. As you cut out caffeine, refined sugars and foods that contain added hormones, you will go through withdrawl for about 2 weeks. It blows, but after that, you'll feel the best you've ever felt in your adult life.
  • catwinc
    Options
    Thanks for your honest review Ivy,

I am not ready to cut coffee yet. I had two cups of coffee this morning with some Agave syrup.
  • catwinc
    Options
    oh yes. I agree it is expensive. all that produce!
  • gatitakutait
    Options
    I do it every time I want to lose some pounds. It works pretty fast. I don't ever give up coffee, and I only eat 1 fruit in the morning and then move on to eggs with vegetables and coffee, and then every 2-3 hours eat a little something else with some more veggies. I think it works because you are eating so many nutrients and vitamins, and fiber. You are actually getting all of your servings of fruits and vegetables this way :)
  • OlyaDoll
    OlyaDoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true gatitakutait! I need to start reading that book here pretty soon. :wink: