How late do you eat?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    I usually eat till 11:30pm each night. Go to bed around 12:00-12:30am. Up by 7:30am. I don't eat again till about 12:00pm

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    meh couple of hours before bed just so everything digests nicely and i don't feel icky while laying down and being stuffed
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Half of my calories for the day are eaten at dinner and snacks afterward. I'm generally not very hungry before noon so the calories fit in nicely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after six. There is no physiological reason for it, it's psychological.
    What if someone is 1000 calories short at 6pm?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry.
  • fanuch
    fanuch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have eaten at every hour of the day, 10pm, 3am, 6am. I am still losing weight regardless. What is important (as has been stated before) is portion control and logging your meals.
  • rockky83
    rockky83 Posts: 59
    Options
    just ate 1300 calories at 11:30 pm....STUFFED
  • stephaniebeaudin5
    Options
    I find myself eating around 3 am sometimes because of the business that I am in and as long as my calories in and calories out are in check there is no reason why I can't eat like that. If I don't eat like that then I wont even eat at all.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    24-7. i work some nights and some days, so i just eat when i am hungry. sometimes i eat in the middle of the night.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I eat throughout the day and night too but work a typical first shift. Whenever the hunger pangs hit middle of the night or no I head to the kitchen and make something. Only reason I may not go right now is I need to do the dishes as well (by hand) while the cup cake brownie is baking. ***shudders*** starving or doing dishes. Option #3, sleep?
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    For me, if i eat close to be bed time, i retain some water weight the next day. I have concluded that it is because the digestion of thy food was not completed. So, i try to eat 3.5-4hrs before bed.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after six. There is no physiological reason for it, it's psychological.
    What if I get home from work at 9pm?

He obviously has 6 down because it fits his work schedule. If you get home after 9, then you do.

I usually get home between 5-5:30 and try to have dinner before 7. Nothing after that on my good days. See how that worked?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Normally between 9 - 11 pm depending on the week night.

Weekends main meal is about 8pm.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cut off point. I snack in the evenings and if I fancy something right before I go to bed I have it.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat dinner until mid night last night! I just eat when I'm hungry really.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    If I have kilojoules left and I am hungry I eat.

No problems losing weight or such.

*shrugs* not sure what good restricting eating times would do to be honest. Probably would make me want to eat more because it is like when you have to fast for a medical test the next day...you always want what you can't have.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I generally have dinner between 6 and 7pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays my schedule is a little different, so dinner is between 9 and 10 pm. I'm generally in bed by 10:30pm on weekdays.

Anything can happen on the weekends.
  • ichigomaybridge
    ichigomaybridge Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We usually have dinner about 8pm. I don't tend to snack after dinner because I don't usually have any calories left. If I do, I have dessert.

This 'Don't eat too late' rule came from a Swedish study that showed that obese women tend to eat later into the evening than skinnier women. However, the study failed to take into account that the obese women were also just eating more over the whole day. So, it turns out all they proved is that people who are overweight eat more than those who are not!

http://www.playnormous.com/blog/?p=503
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    If I have kilojoules left and I am hungry I eat.

No problems losing weight or such.

*shrugs* not sure what good restricting eating times would do to be honest. Probably would make me want to eat more because it is like when you have to fast for a medical test the next day...you always want what you can't have.

Had one such medical test scheduled and never went! (not a specific time, just show up with this paperwork and they'll test ya). I pretty much asked for the test though