Best shoes for the treadmill?

Options
Hey everyone!

I have wide feet, and the shoes I'm currently using at the gym (Adidas) absolutely kill the backs of my ankles/calves. I've tried on a bunch of different kinds of sneakers, but nothing feels comfortable enough for walking long distances. Is there anything special you'd recommend? One of my friends on here has recommended New Balance, so I'll be checking those out for sure. Let me know what shoes work for you!

Also I'm fairly new, so please feel free to friend me. Have a great evening! :wink:

Replies

• xamanda88x
    xamanda88x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also using Adidas on the treadmill. I was experiencing that at first but then I just tied them better. I know not such great advice :tongue: You could try Nike free runners! I had those before switching to Adidas and I felt like they stretched to wide and I felt that my foot was chubbin over the sides. I am also pretty new to this and would love to add another treadmill user! Good luck finding the right fit!
  • Chrissy8172
    Chrissy8172 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am also using Adidas on the treadmill. I was experiencing that at first but then I just tied them better. I know not such great advice :tongue: You could try Nike free runners! I had those before switching to Adidas and I felt like they stretched to wide and I felt that my foot was chubbin over the sides. I am also pretty new to this and would love to add another treadmill user! Good luck finding the right fit!

Hmm maybe I do need to lace them up differently? Or just get used to the walking first, haha. Yay new friends! Thank you!
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would go to a local running store and get fitted for shoes. The "best" shoe for each person is so individual. I do know that Asics and Nike tend to run a bit more narrow than other brands. My feet get a bit wider in the toe area and I'm currently wearing Brooks Adrenaline. New Balance also tends to be wider.

But when I say running store, I don't mean something like Foot Locker at the mall. There are local running stores that should look at you walk without shoes on, measure your feet, and then give you several pairs to try on. Good luck!
  • Chrissy8172
    Chrissy8172 Posts: 29
    Options
    I would go to a local running store and get fitted for shoes. The "best" shoe for each person is so individual. I do know that Asics and Nike tend to run a bit more narrow than other brands. My feet get a bit wider in the toe area and I'm currently wearing Brooks Adrenaline. New Balance also tends to be wider.

But when I say running store, I don't mean something like Foot Locker at the mall. There are local running stores that should look at you walk without shoes on, measure your feet, and then give you several pairs to try on. Good luck!

That is great advice, I was actually just Googling around my area to see if any stores do the foot measurements and gait observation. Hopefully I'll find something. Thank you!