Need some input

Options
I do a HIIT routine on a stationary bike 3 days a week basically 25 seconds of work 15 seconds of rest 25 rounds. I also lift Monday through Saturday. On the days I do not do HIIT should I just ride 30 minutes? I was told on the days I do not do HIIT I should not do Cardio. But I just feel like I should be doing some type of Cardio. What do you think?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    HIIT *is* cardio
  • J_Cuso
    J_Cuso Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes I know that. What I am asking is on the days I don't do HIIT should I do a different type of cardio or should I just leave it at the 3 days of cardio a week i get through HIIT.
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT using fitness blender's you tube channel. (Still working my way up- I just do about 1-2 per week) I just recently watched a video where they explained this. They said that you should do 3 HIIT workouts, 4 max and that on the days that you are not doing HIIT you should do some low to medium impact cardio. That being said, if I were you, I would add in at least 2 days of non HIIT cardio. Oh and check out fitness blender's channel, cuz I noticed that they have a cycling video. Their stuff rocks! Challenging! And if you ever get bored with biking, they've got everything you could imagine.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yes I know that. What I am asking is on the days I don't do HIIT should I do a different type of cardio or should I just leave it at the 3 days of cardio a week i get through HIIT.

it depends on your goals
  • J_Cuso
    Options
    I do HIIT using fitness blender's you tube channel. (Still working my way up- I just do about 1-2 per week) I just recently watched a video where they explained this. They said that you should do 3 HIIT workouts, 4 max and that on the days that you are not doing HIIT you should do some low to medium impact cardio. That being said, if I were you, I would add in at least 2 days of non HIIT cardio. Oh and check out fitness blender's channel, cuz I noticed that they have a cycling video. Their stuff rocks! Challenging! And if you ever get bored with biking, they've got everything you could imagine.

Awesome thanks!
  • J_Cuso
    Options
    [/quote]

it depends on your goals
    [/quote]

I thought my goal was to just lose weight (I was REALLY out of shape) But now I am starting to see muscles I never had before so I think I want to get ripped.