Water Weight And Weight Loss

Options
I've lost 9lbs in 4 days does this mean I'm loosing water weight, and if so does this mean that my weight loss will slow when I actually start loosing fat?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are losing primarily water weight unless you have a calorie deficit of 7875 calories a day. Yes, your weight loss will slow, and become more reasonable soon.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are losing primarily water weight unless you have a calorie deficit of 7875 calories a day. Yes, your weight loss will slow, and become more reasonable soon.

this! I lost 10lbs within a few days when I first started just cause I cut back my soda intake and was drinking more water. Some of the people at work freaked out on me about losing so much so fast till I had to "confess" how much soda I was really drinking a day.
  • ruthbuffkin
    Options
    Thanks I was getting worried for a minute. Lol
  • ruthbuffkin
    Options
    I cut most of my soda out but I do have to admit I have a diet mountain dew a day. I did drink soda religiously.
  • ywalchle
    ywalchle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was drinking roughly 3 liters of soda a day. I cut back soon as the doctor told me I had hypertension to about 2-3 can's a day. For some reason I can't completely shake it, but a lot of times I don't even finish a can now and end up tossing half of it away. I drink a lot more water now and it's helping to flush the sodium I consume so yay me!

after the first week, the weight loss slowed quite a bit, but I still have weeks where I lose quite a bit of weight, but than I have weeks where the scale barely budges.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Most days, you are eating 1,000 calories or less. If your logging is truly accurate, as in your are weighing all solids and measuring all liquids, then you need to eat more, especially since you are exercising. Eating more is to properly fuel your body so that you don't get worn down.

Your weight will slow down.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm admittedly confused. Wouldn't drinking tons of soda generally reduce the sodium levels in your body (since your blood has more salt content than soda) and cause you to retain LESS water?

Why would drinking less liquid cause you to retain less water, usually its the opposite. Or do you mean you drank even more water than you previously did soda?
  • ruthbuffkin
    Options
    I used to drink absolutely nothing but regular mountain dew I would have atleast 5 20oz bottles a day.