No weight loss in a month.. HELP!

Options
Has anyone had an issue with not any weight loss at all? I am on a 1200 calorie diet, do zumba 2 times a week, walk a mile 5 days a week, go to gym 2-3 times a week doing mostly cardio. I have been doing all this since January and have lost about 13-14 pounds so far.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    So in 16 weeks you have lost 14lbs?

Sounds like you're doing it the healthy way.

Maybe you could probably stand to eat a little more!
  • lcinoc123
    lcinoc123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess I am really hung up on not loosing anything for a whole month! I will stay on track and be patient! :smile:
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, if your weight loss has slowed the first thing I would do is make sure you are measuring/weighing everything correctly. Secondly, I would check to see if 1200 is really the right amount for you. A good website to double check things is www.iifym.com
    I always hear that when you've hit a plateau you need to up your calories- even if its just by 100 per day. You can also change things up in the workout department. Maybe your body is getting used to doing the same things. Check out you tube for some new ideas. They have every workout you could ever imagine from Tae Bo to Jillian. I use Fitness Blender for my at home workouts. They have a bunch of really awesome HIIT workouts. HIIT could speed things up. Also, you really need to add strength training in there. Strictly cardio doesn't help raise your metabolism- strength training does. So, if you've got a gym membership start hitting the weight room.
    Edit: for spelling and coherence
  • laurenfit92
    Options
    First up, check your fluids. Are you drinking enough water, are you drinking herbal tea's, make sure you aren't drinking your calories with fake juice and fizzy drinks.
    Next, make sure you are sleeping enough! This is so important.
    If that's all in order, change up your fitness regime. You may be doing too much cardio. Try doing some weights as they will shape your body and replace fat with muscle, you may not loose weight but you will loose size. If you aren't into that then just body weight exercises, yoga and/or pilates. Do you do any of these exercises at high intensity? like are you actually tired after a workout or can you give more?
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well, if your weight loss has slowed the first thing I would do is make sure you are measuring/weighing everything correctly. Secondly, I would check to see if 1200 is really the right amount for you. A good website to double check things is www.iifym.com
    I always hear that when you've hit a plateau you need to up your calories- even if its just by 100 per day. You can also change things up in the workout department. Maybe your body is getting used to doing the same things. Check out you tube for some new ideas. They have every workout you could ever imagine from Tae Bo to Jillian. I use Fitness Blender for my at home workouts. They have a bunch of really awesome HIIT workouts. HIIT could speed things up. Also, you really need to add strength training in there. Strictly cardio doesn't help raise your metabolism- strength training does. So, if you've got a gym membership start hitting the weight room.
    Edit: for spelling and coherence

Fitness Blender is my favourite thing on the internet right now! I'm doing their 4 Week Fat Loss for Busy People and my pants are getting a little bit loose on me! But yeah I agree with chriamaria. Mix it up. And up your calories slightly. Also make sure you're getting your 8 glasses of water, because if you're not drinking enough, you might be retaining water.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost in a month, I would make sure you are accurately logging all of your intake, are you eating back exercise calories if so how are you entering the burn from your workouts?

If you aren't losing you aren't in a deficit, your diary isn't open.

Here's a few links that should help:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing you aren't in a deficit, your diary isn't open.

This. We can't give you much info because we don't have much to go by, but if you aren't losing at 1200 then you damn sure wont be losing at 1300. And if you do, then you weren't really eating at 1200.

How much weight do you have to lose?
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There is some good advice here

On the logging , I would say pay particular attention to rice and other high calorie carbs. I use Uncle Ben's boil in the bag rice and I have seem some dreadful errors on this - awful, where people have been mixing up dry and cooked weight and been showing really low calories for a whole bag which in reality has 688 calories . I can see how it happens the information on the box is deliberately misleading

Just for interest here are the correct values :-

dry 62.5 g = 215
    bag = 200 g dry
    bag cooked weight 465g - 688 calories
    1.5 caories per gram
    Cooked calories :-
    50 g 75 cal
    100 g - 150 cal
    150 g 225 cal

Thank you to the person who gave the links - I didn't know that an * before the item meant it was unconfirmed . I think MFP should regulate it more for obvious errors on key products
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    and i had not noticed that it shows member confirmations and nutritional information - that is fabulous - THANK YOU SO MUCH
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    and i had not noticed that it shows member confirmations and nutritional information - that is fabulous - THANK YOU SO MUCH

You're welcome the member that took the time to put that together is great, she put a lot of time into making sure it was detailed, it's fast becoming one of my favorite threads to share :)

Glad it helped you out!