when did you see start to see result?

Options
I steped on the scale today, and I'm down 5 pounds but honestly I don't see a different. I wasn't expecting big results but I thought maybe a little loser pants or something. So when did you start to see results?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    The first thing you'll notice is that you're not gaining weight :D
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    15-20 pounds i think is when you typically start to see the change.
    keep at it!!!! 5 pounds is a great start!!!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really see a difference until I looked at before and during pictures. Then I could REALLY see it.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in my face. My face isn't nearly as puffy as it used to be, and my pants are starting to fit better. They were too tight before.

I just started seeing it though after 10 lbs. The biggest difference for me is that I feel a LOT better.
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    For me at about 8 lbs I noticed my pants fitting looser
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really see a difference until I looked at before and during pictures. Then I could REALLY see it.

I agree. Take a picture of yourself and compare it with old pictures. That's what made me start to see the difference first. You see yourself everyday, you don't see the changes as quickly as others might. I would say about 10 pounds is when you will probably start to notice your clothes fitting differently etc.
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    I think it depends on what you're starting from. If you're going from 130 to 120 pounds, 5-10 pounds is a big loss and enough to drop a pant size. I have gone from 204 to 176, and it wasn't until I got to about 180 that I was down a complete pant size. You'll start to notice it all over. Think of every few pounds as peeling a layer off your whole body. Your clothes will start to feel more loose all over as you lose fat and gain muscle. Good luck!
  • aishab20
    Options
    Hello. I felt the same way too , but I did notice my clothes feeling better on me, and I look in the mirror a lot often now to see if I notice changes in my body. When I realize I lost 6 pounds in a month I thought my clothes would be falling off of me, but they are not. Just keep on pushing yourself and when you get to your goal weight you will see the difference but I am starting to feel better about myself and how I look 
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 total and the first half I didn't really notice, yes things fit just a bit different, but just this last week I can't get over the change! And my husband is like where have you been, you've lost tons! I'm only 5'4" so 10 lbs is alot of weight on me, if your taller, 15-20 might be your number to see a big change.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm tall and after about 8 - 9 pounds I started to see the difference in my clothes.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I'm tall too and don't have a lot to lose, but after about 8 lbs. I could tell in my clothes and my face and once I hit 15 lbs. other people really started noticing. Give it time, that's a good accomplishment.
  • junebug523
    Options
    Other people saw results before I did. That's how it usually happens.

One tip: keep track of your measurements (waist, hips, etc.). That way, even if you can't see dramatic results right away, you can keep track of how your body is changing...and smaller measurements will give you confidence that you ARE getting results, even if you don't see it. You lost 5 lbs--great! Keep it up! You may also find that sometimes you drop inches before you drop lbs on the scale. Weight loss is funny like that. It's good to keep track of both things...and also other results, like more energy, better sleep, etc. They are all part of becoming healthier.