Favorite QUICK breafast, lunch & dinner??

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
I was wondering what peoples favorite low calorie but very tasty, little or no hassle breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks are.
Thanks! :drinker:
Ooops...missed the K in Breakfast! :tongue:

Replies

• For breakfast usually a granola bar or yogurt.

Lunch a sandwich wraps, which I am going to try without bread and wrapped in lettuce. Or hummus and pita chips.

Dinner ground turkey and veggies.

Usually quick and easy to make.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Yeah...I made several boiled eggs on Sunday for a quick grab & go breakfast for this week.
    I love taking lettuce and using them in replacement of breads or tortillas...either using tuna or lunchmeat with it...I need substance, otherwise I get hungry too soon.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    For breakfast usually a granola bar or yogurt.

Lunch a sandwich wraps, which I am going to try without bread and wrapped in lettuce. Or hummus and pita chips.

Dinner ground turkey and veggies.

Usually quick and easy to make.

What exactly is "hummus" I've heard of it but I've never ventured to try it.
    Is it something you make (recipe??) or is it pre-made?
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I keep some egg salad for a quick breakfast after my morning walk. I spread it on Suzie's low Cal crackers/rice cakes. I also make smoothies or soups in my vitamix. Keeping a veggie tray in the fridge helps for making quick salads.
  • hunderwoman
    hunderwoman Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My no fail go to breakfast... 3/4 cup liquid egg whites in a coffee mug. Microwave 1 minute. Stir and then microwave another 1 minute to 1 min 30 sec. Then I add 1-2 wedges of laughing cow cheese and stir it all up. The eggs end up nice and creamy and it tastes delicious. And I have literally made a warm and very filling breakfast in 2 minutes.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Humous is a dip made from chickpeas. It's very easy to make yourself, but you can find it in supermarkets in the chilled section.

Quick breakfasts - eggs and egg whites scrambled in the microwave. Overnight oats. 1 piece good quality bread toasted with peanut butter, or marmite and cottage cheese.

Quick lunches - home made soup or stews, prepared at teh weekend and frozen in individual portions.

Quick dinners - grilled meat or fish with steamed veg (salmon and asparagus, steak with tomato salad, chciken breast and courgettes)
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I make a PB&J Protein Smoothie from here: http://fitfoodiefinds.com/2013/06/peanut-butter-and-jelly-protein-smoothie/

Since I try to get between 300 and 400 calories for breakfast, I try to find something additional too add. Something like a serving of 80 Calorie Fiber One cereal (without the milk) or half a toast with a tablespoon of honey or half the serving of almond butter,

Lunch or Dinner so far has usually been:

Salad- consists of spinach, kale, shredded carrots, half a cucumber sliced, and dijon mustard apple cider vinegar dressing. Depending on how much I ate before, I may or may not put in half a chopped avocado.

Tofu Spring Rolls from here: http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com/2014/02/sweet-sour-tofu-spring-rolls.html (I also prepare enough so I don't have to do any chopping or mixing for the next few days/weeks. Just fry the tofu, wet the spring roll papers, and throw some veggies in there).

Fried rice from http://vincisomething.tumblr.com/post/66964984042/merrymacaron-caffeinatedcrafting-who-says

Hummus made from garbanzo beans.

Wraps

Green tea smoothie (2 tsp of match green tea powder, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of any non-dairy milk, half a frozen banana, and ice). This is a post-workout snack for me.

And various other smoothies I find online. Since I'm usually really picky on fruits (sensory processing disorder), and I want to get fruits incorporated in my breakfast, smoothies are my go-to. Salads are when I don't feel like turning on the stove or the blender, lol.

I also tag a bunch of recipes here in my fitness blog: http://davincibody.tumblr.com/tagged/recipe

I find new recipes when i'm bored and going through other fitness blogs.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Wow!
    Thank You ALL so much, this has been super helpful as I just started last week :drinker:
    I really wanted a running start in the right direction & it's nice to know that there are still some people out there willing to take a minute out of their time to offer help, advise & information (links)!
    Thanks you all :flowerforyou:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts: smoothies; yogurt with fruit (sometimes I use the fruit and yogurt pots, but if not, I add frozen berries to greek yogurt the night before, and take it with me the next morning); granola bars (sometimes homemade, sometimes not); fruit; hard boiled eggs

Lunches: veggies and hummus; hard boiled eggs; porridge (these: http://www.quaker.co.uk/products/oat-so-simple-pots - the "original" variety literally just has oats, skimmed milk powder, and sugar. I add raisins); salad; soup (make a big pot at the beginning of the week and take some with me every day); Ryvita with cream cheese or hummus and veggies

Dinner: My dinners are generally higher in calories. I find that I need big dinners to keep myself on track. Some of the lower calorie, quick dinners I make are - pasta with tomato and vegetable sauce (half portion of pasta with loads of sauce); lean meat of some description and rice with loads of veggies mixed into it; stir fry with lean meat

:)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    breakfast poached eggs on toast (avocado instead of butter on toast).
    dinner grilled fish or a steak with lightly boiled broccoli or other green veges and a sweet potato which I cut up small so it cooks faster. I don't really cook at all unless you count that as its pretty much the same every day with a tuna bagel for lunch.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Anything that "dings" when cooked
  • SexiLexi1989
    SexiLexi1989 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My favs are"
    Breakfast: cup of mixed fruit 70 calories
    Weight watchers Spinach Pizza 350 calories

Lunch: Smart Ones Florentine Lasagna 300 calories
    cup of v-8 juice 50 calories
    cup of mixed fruit 70 calories

Dinner: salted mushrooms
    either the same spinach pizza or lasagna...lol

**I am very NEW to learning as nutrition is. So I am starting by calorie counting as I learn what type foods the body needs and does best on...I also am the kind of person that if I like something I get 'stuck on it' for about a month..So for a month or so, I will eat the same foods over and over**
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am just trying this now, but I am making some pancakes today to be ready for the next couple mornings. Oatmeal and ricotta cheese pancakes, they smell so yum and lots of protein!!
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    whole grain english muffin with microwaved egg ...sometimes I add a slice of cheese..easy and quick..I was a big breakfast skipper for years..the combo of protein and carb. in the morning
    help..lunch...Arnold thin bread with turkey and veggies and fruit..snack..pistachios...I also like lowfat cottage cheese with fruit
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love the combination of granola and greek yogurt, but an omelette (I make mine with just two eggs) with green and red pepper in it is also quite delicious!
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is NanoMeal. It is a combination of a protein drink, a veggie/fruit drink and good healthy fats. It is 176 calories when I mix it with 1/2 cup of fresh OJ.

My favorite quick lunch is a Trader Joe salad. I buy them the week before so I can grab one and take it to work with no work...no excuses. My favorites are Super Spinach and Kale, Broccoli and Chicken. They are under $4 and under 350 calories and I get great veggies and protein.

My favorite quick dinner is Apples or pears with BBQ chicken pieces and greens.
  • ceilidhzeschke1
    Options
    Breakfast- half cup oats, tablespoon chia seeds, 3 tablespoons lite Greek yoghurt, half a banana sliced and a tiny bit of honey mashed up
    Lunch - tom yum (trident packet) cup of favourite frozen veggies (and if time chicken)
    Dinner- sweet potato chips and barramundi (or whatever fish is on special) I also like replacing the fish with salt and pepper calamari (two squid tubes with a tablespoon of flour and s + p to taste)
    I am a uni student on a budget so this works for me
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Breakfast would be scrambled eggs with ricotta and tarragon cooked with a bit of butter and toast or yogurt with strawberries! :love:

Lunch would be a wrap and a salad, tried chicken salad but used greek yogurt instead of mayo!! Yummm! Maybe you can make this ahead and refrigerate it?

Dinner could be similar to lunch or some chicken or fish with stir fried veggies!