Going out for dinner today, help

Options
buket1819
buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
Okay so today I will be going out to dinner with my mom and her friend to an italian restaurant, what do you think I should eat, pizza, tenderloin or chicken?

Replies

• buket1819
    Options
    If pizza, I was thinking about ricotta spinach mushroom pizza or quattro formaggi pizza, which one do you think would be lower in calories?
    They only have one chicken choice which is with olives,mushrooms and tomatoes, with potato puree.
    And almost all of the tenderloin have cheese or sauce.
  • EarlyLamp
    EarlyLamp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about eating pizza if it's just once in a while..
    You should eat whatever you want and then go back to be healthy and maybe do some exercise to burn those extra calories off ;)

Just enjoy your dinner and be happy! ^^
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    What do you like?

Can you make it fit your macros?

If so, eat that.

Me, I'd burn some calories to 'earn' some nice food, but if you want low calories, try sticking the options in to here, presuming they don't list calories themselves ( a lot do these days ).
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have what ever you fancy, don't even look at the calories. For one meal just enjoy whatever you want to eat.
    That's my personal advise for eating meals out anyway.
  • buket1819
    Options
    Yeah I don't actually have a problem with the calories but I normally stay at dorm, and when I come home at weekends my mom just literally makes me eat high calorie things, so I'm trying to make the best choice from the bads :)
  • armitaged
    armitaged Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Which has least calories when you include the sauce? What about a vegetarian thin crust pizza? if you are a carnivore, and Iam, it can make a nice healthy change. Chicken is a good standby but it's the sauces that blow it out of the water and limit the alcohol. A standard Vodka in a slim line tonic isn't too bad a drink and neither is a G&T.
  • buket1819
    Options
    Which has least calories when you include the sauce? What about a vegetarian thin crust pizza? if you are a carnivore, and Iam, it can make a nice healthy change. Chicken is a good standby but it's the sauces that blow it out of the water and limit the alcohol. A standard Vodka in a slim line tonic isn't too bad a drink and neither is a G&T.

Unfortunately they don't have a vegetarian choice or thin crust, and if I wanted a thin crust pizza my mom wouldn't allow me haha.
    Well I don't want to eat anything which they have a side with potatos or potato puree, cause I would have to eat that also even though I don't like it thanks to my mother.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Life's way too short for worrying about a single meal .. Don't stress and just enjoy yourself.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've done a great job in losing weight already! Enjoy your meal-Eat what you like. Just get an extra workout in this week and don't stress about it. :)
  • buket1819
    Options
    So I'm stuck between pizza with ricotta cheese, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, mozarella; pizza quattro formaggi; beef tenderloin with mozzarella, fried eggplant, tomato sauce with a side of vegetables and beef tenderloin with a fatty turkish cheese called "kaşar", tomato, vegetables and jalapeno pepper, which one do ypu think is best?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    this is what you should eat!

pizza with ricotta cheese, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, mozarella; pizza quattro formaggi; beef tenderloin with mozzarella, fried eggplant, tomato sauce with a side of vegetables and beef tenderloin with a fatty turkish cheese called "kaşar", tomato, vegetables and jalapeno pepper.

Enjoy
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,698 Member
    Options
    So I'm stuck between pizza with ricotta cheese, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, mozarella; pizza quattro formaggi; beef tenderloin with mozzarella, fried eggplant, tomato sauce with a side of vegetables and beef tenderloin with a fatty turkish cheese called "kaşar", tomato, vegetables and jalapeno pepper, which one do ypu think is best?

If you are worried about calories I would avoid the quattro formaggio.
  • buket1819
    Options

If you are worried about calories I would avoid the quattro formaggio.

Why? It has only cheese in it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Seems to me there's more going on here than just worrying about what has the least calories. Why are you letting your mother decide what you should eat? Are you getting too thin? How tall are you?
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It's an Italian restaurant yes? Why no pasta?
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Your least calorie option is going to be the tenderloin. Depending on what temperature you cook it and how exactly it's prepared you're looking at 45-60 calories per ounce for the steak itself. You should ask for no cheese and the sauce one the side. Also if it comes with potatoes or pasta ask if they will substitute some vegetables or salad. I used to manage restaurants and these are very common requests that 99% of chefs will accommodate with no problem. You should always get dressing on the side of any salads in restaurants because most places will use much more than you would when you're counting calories.
  • buket1819
    Options
    Seems to me there's more going on here than just worrying about what has the least calories. Why are you letting your mother decide what you should eat? Are you getting too thin? How tall are you?

She doesn't decide what I eat, it's just the way she is, she has always been like that.
  • buket1819
    Options
    What do you think?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tell her you want to make your own choice. And pick some non fried food with sauce and veggies on the side. Heck I wouldn't like anything in your list except the cheese pizza, and that's probably 500 calories a slice or something.
  • armitaged
    armitaged Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you need to have a serious talk to your mother, I assume she is one of the fill the plate and then you have to clear it or she regards it as a criticism? This i s her hang up but your health is more important, you have a life ahead of you.