Night Shift RN

Options
Hi, my name is Mary. I work 12 hour shifts on a med-surg floor. I was able to lose weight last year but gained back all but 10lbs. It would be great if I could find friends do go through this journey. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• vickee13
    vickee13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Working odd shifts and not getting meals at the same time can be my problem too I'm an RVN and work day and night shifts. Even on day shifts the animals of the world don't seem to care that I need food! Also owners will bring in thank you chocolate and biscuits, which of course it would be rude not to eat!!
    Planning my meals is easy knowing when I'll get to eat isn't so easy to work out! Also after a long shift going home and cooking is the last thing I want to do! :yawn:
  • unskinnybop1
    unskinnybop1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i also work night shifts at a fast food place to pay for uni. working night and fast food is very detrimental to my health when its all free :P Sent a request
  • KristyR341199
    KristyR341199 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also a night shift RN, although I have been off work for a little while taking care of my mom full time. She recently passed away, and then I tore my labrum in my right shoulder and had to have surgery, and was in an immobilizer for two months. Hopefully I'll be back to work soon, since my surgeon just released me.

I lost 75 pounds while working nights, but once I moved in with Mom after she got sick, I gained it all back, plus some. Now I'm just getting started again, and have lost 26 pounds so far. I have a long, long way to go. I'd love to be part of your support in this journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SillySnickers
    Options
    I too work night shifts, and its pretty hard to stay on schedule when your days run together. Feel free to add me for support! :)