T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Other goals for 2011:

- receive personal trainer certification
    - complete the Pike's Peak Ascent and the additional 2 races required
    - stay healthy

Holy smokes girlfriend!! Now THAT is inspiring!!! What awesome goals to set for the new year!!

Welcome aboard!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Paiten... Welcome to you as well!!

We have all had the struggles. The nice thing about MFP is that you will get out of it what you put into it. You can do this!! Once you get into a routine, You will be surprised how well this will work to not only help you lose weight, but to make you more aware of the choices you do make. There isnt anything you "cant" do, you just have to learn how. :0) Start small... set small goals and for each one you reach reward yourself. Find rewards that are NOT food related, maybe clothes or getting your nails done or just whatever. It doesnt have to be big, just a gift you give to yourself.

Also ask lots of questions! Don't be shy... if we can help, we will! We were all new to this at one point. WIth school starting, the more of a plan you have, the better off you will be. Its easy to be lazy with your own needs when you are busy with kids, school, ect. So make sure you make the time for yourself to make a plan of action and set a few small goals.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hi Girls! Thanks Cyndi and Debbie for getting this going again.

My name is Lisa, a single working woman, mother of two - grandmother to seven. I first started MFP going on three years ago.. Right before staring I had lost 40 pounds and while on MFP I lost another 40 but manage right now to gain back. Last May, I started lifting weights which has help me to build the muscle and tone. The last time I checked I had lost 22 inches overall.
    I have been playhing with the weight loss thing cause with the lifting of weight I have maintained my weight for a year.. I am going to need the padded slipper to get me back on track on food and additional exercise. But as soon as I saw this on facebook - I knew the help and encouragement had arrived.

Cyndi and Anita - I think Aunt Flo hit several at same time. She is due this week although I am struggling with her right now - menopause is rough girls. Keep working - we can work through her - and the more weight I lossed the better I felt doing her afterwards.

Sheila - nice to see you on here. You are a big motivator and can do this - you know it. Let's get healthy together. Jamacia -
    new clothes - with hubby - wow. Come on girl. Get that medication taken care of and let's go

Deb - so sorry to hear about the man. Don't turn to food - other fish in the sea you know.. When I started doing weights, the guy I talk to quite a bit started looking at rings - but I told him I wasn't going nowhere. lol

to all the newbies - good luck. You can get a lot of motivation and support here. Stay with it. Eat healthy and exercise..
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you Lisa!! I seem to really have lost touch talking to others. I just play stupid games on facebook and rarely talk to anyone.

I fell asleep at 9ish and woke up at 11:30pm and now I am hungry. I am trying not to eat anything. I could drink something but then when I go back to sleep I will wake up again because I have to pee. UGH!!

My mind won't shut down because of Mike. I haven't talked to him since 8pm New Years Eve so tomorrow I will text him and ask him to come get his stuff out of my house so I don't have to look at it. He not only stood me up for New Years but he stood me up on Christmas too and didn't talk to me for 3 days. I am going to return all his Christmas gifts and get my money back!!

Sorry to vent here. I'm going to take some tylenol PM and see if that will help me sleep and forget about being ungry,

Night all!

Deb
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!
    Been busy logging food for the new two days and getting weight and measurements. A lot dissatisfied with myself but Aunt Flo is due in and I have been sick. Poor excuses but I am hoping I can stay on track. I would like to be down 20 pounds by my birthday.
    261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Ok the post before was to see if I could get my ticker added correctly. Surprisingly I did. Now to greet a few people

dleanne - It is not strange. I am more comfortable talking about my weight on here than with local people cause these friends have encourage me every step of the way while the people around me - well they get like jealous or something. Talk away about anything. Keep working through your injuries with your exercises. I have worked through a lot of arthitis problems and feel so much better. You can do this - do what you can each day and each day strive to go just one more step. You will get there. Welcome to T.H.E. Team

Sigra - I am curious to what shift you are working? I have worked almost 12 years of thirds - I work 4 ten hour shifts. Exercise for me comes in the morning before I go to bed or when I get up before I leave for work. Then on my days off - whenever I want to get it in. I work at a distribution center so my work is physical but as my body is used to that work - it doesn't count as exercise.

Stillkristi - glad to see you are joining us. hope to hear from you soon.

Vialof dreams - Congrats on weight loss so far. Good - luck on those eight pounds. You are an inspiration in yourself.

Painten - you can do this. Tell your sister if she is close to exercise with you. If there is any kind of exercise your other half can do - bring him in too. He might need it and it might be good for him. Take little steps and watch them become bigger.

Deb - Men , who needs them. Concentrate on your trip and how you want to feel when you go see your daughter. But yourself first. But those facebook games on hold and put your exercise first. 2011 is the year you will do this.

Anita - Cyndi said it best when she said we all have struggles. I find sometimes if I tell you all my problems - although I feel like a bother - it helps me to feel better cause you all listen and either motivate or beat me with the slipper. So talk when you want and lets get healthy.

Sheila - you too girl - just think you got that big trip in front of you. Little steps lead to big steps - You can do this girl.

Cyndi - Just a huge thank you. I hope we all cvan do this this year. We have always been around supporting each other - lets continue and do it!!!261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone.. I wanted to stop in and read the posts to motivate me. I will let you know later if it worked or not... We're going to head to Reno later this afternoon to visit my parents... Gonna get ready... Have a great day....
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    Painten-"bugging" you, how rude lol!!!!!!!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey!
    It's so good to have all of you back and some new ones as well! Super excited to start the new year off right, with tons of encouragement and support.
    I'm Emma , 19 going on 20 next week (ahh!) and a second year liberal arts student at the University of British Columbia, yet to declare my major much to the frustration of my academic advisor! lol
    Anyways, I started with mfp back in March and did pretty well but fell off the wagon during the summer. I had my first job and it was amazing but took a big toll on my mental health.
    I'm working on dealing with my issues and weight is one of the big ones. However I've decided that this year, is THE year. I'm going to lose 50 pounds (already down 10!) and get my life back. I don't want to spend my 20's the way I spent my teenage years. I know that losing weight won't change everything and I know it's going to be hard, but I've waited long enough. I've just got to do this. And I hope I can be there for all of you!
    Love you all!!!
    Emma
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Hey!
    It's so good to have all of you back and some new ones as well! Super excited to start the new year off right, with tons of encouragement and support.
    I'm Emma , 19 going on 20 next week (ahh!) and a second year liberal arts student at the University of British Columbia, yet to declare my major much to the frustration of my academic advisor! lol
    Anyways, I started with mfp back in March and did pretty well but fell off the wagon during the summer. I had my first job and it was amazing but took a big toll on my mental health.
    I'm working on dealing with my issues and weight is one of the big ones. However I've decided that this year, is THE year. I'm going to lose 50 pounds (already down 10!) and get my life back. I don't want to spend my 20's the way I spent my teenage years. I know that losing weight won't change everything and I know it's going to be hard, but I've waited long enough. I've just got to do this. And I hope I can be there for all of you!
    Love you all!!!
    Emma
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Afternoon ladies!!

Just doing a quick check in before I hit the treadmill. I never got to it yesterday but I did get my food log done, hit the store and managed to get some stuff accomplished for the upcoming week.

Deb- how horrible! Im sorry he was such a poophead over the holidays. If its any consolation, my Christmas sucked as well. My younger 2 went to their dads 2 weeks ago and were supposed to call me to let me know what time to pick them up on Christmas Day. No phone call.. not even a Merry Christmas from them. By Midnight, I had put all the Christmas stuff away. They finally called LAST NIGHT to tell rob that their dad was bringing them home and they never showed up or called after that. This morning I see Allie telling our exchange student on Facebook that she isnt coming home until Monday. WHY? Because my oldest told her that I am upset with them. Damn skippy I am!! When you say you are gonna call and you just blow me off.... well..lets just say its been an emotional week for me and I have to keep reminding myself that they are just kids.

Anyways...happy to see you all!! Im off to do some butt shrinking on the treadmill and have some lunch. I actually got up at a decent time to have breakfast, so Im getting hungry! :laugh:
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I joined MFP a month or two ago on my DROID. I wanted an easy way to log my foods and tally calories while not tethered to my 'puter. THIS site is a wonderful surprise. I thought I'd use it to create some of my favourite foods (protein drinks, recipes...etc) and after snooping found the COMMUNITY!

I like the simple approach to this challenge and would love to be a member. I don't do personal stuff on the 'puter at work, but I can log in at least a couple times a week in the evenings. Friday is a good check in day...I'll just have to remember (Monday was my usual day) I'm 58½, married 35 years (no kids :cry: ) and have struggled with my weight since my mid 30's. I got down to a size 10...the best three days of my life! But didn't practice all I learned and gained all 50+ pounds, plus another 30 through the next 20 years. Oh, I'd drop 20 or 30, but I'd hit the magical 200 and go right back up!:brokenheart: Exercise is a big pit fall for me...and trust me...I have ALL the excuses. I plan to erase all those excuses

My motivation: to be a fit old lady.
    My eating personality: Compulsive/Impulsive
    My first challenge: eliminate sugar for two weeks

NitaG...you're 16 pounds ahead of me...I'll race ya! Is that motivation enough?

Ü
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Vikalyn i love the garfield picture. That is exactly how I feel and look in the morning until I have some coffee. Welcome to the group.

Egam: welcome hope we are all able to help you stay motivated.

Cyndi: I am sorry about the kids. I can't believe they didn't come home for Christmas with you. What the heck is going on in their brains??

I managed to get back to sleep last night without eating so I am proud of myself. I had my coffee and a yogurt this morning before church and my stomach started growling so loud I was afraid everyone could hear it.

I sent Mike a message this morning asking him to arrange to come get his clothes from my house. He has a shaving kit, a coat, and several shirts and a change of clothes here. I plan on taking his presents back to the stores for a refund except the 2 I bought online and don't know how to return them LOL

I know this is supposed to be a weight support group and I am venting here but this situation could go either way....I could either start having panic and not eat at all or get depressed and eat like a pig. Just sort of letting you know where I am at and why.

Well I am headed out to Safeway to try to buy up their supply of caramel apple yogurt before it is all gone since it is only out for a limited time. I am going to make Taco Soup for dinner tonight so I am saving up calories for that. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Remember that there are a lot of different ways to get exercise ....park far away from the door at the store and walk the extra distance. Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator. Every little bit helps. Take care and will post more later when I have something else to say LOL.

Deb
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Yay for the group coming back. I'll do a nice in depth intro later as I'm tired right now, and I'm sick. But this is the best group ever... We're good friends on here and on Facebook.... Looking forward to getting back on here and chatting it up with everyone :)
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies... Just stopping in to check in and say hi.. Hubby is on Vacation this week so not much time for the computer :blushing: Him and I went to a friend of ours to watch Sunday Football then They went open Bowling while I watched cuz my arms dont let me bowl anymore... We had a great time... we had an awesome seafood lunch/Dinner... we had scallops, baked popcorn shrimp, squid, coconut shrimp, crab cakes, lobster cakes, and some crab stuffed mushrooms everything was so delicious some was baked ... but some was friend but in olive oil :-) the other was in a butter garlic sauce... for breakfast I had a huge *kitten* broccoli & Cheese omelet I didnt eat it all I ate all the broccoli out of it and left half the egg it was so filling ... Hubby wants me to watch a movie so I need to go :love:

I will catch up tomorrow... I go to the dr tomorrow so I can change my ticker and re evaluate everything

Have a great night everyone

Sheila
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    OMG!!!!

I forgot!

The Seahawks are playing for our division championship on Sunday Night Foodtball (did I mention I'm a fan???) ! How can I diet over THIS!!!!!!! :noway:

I'll do my best...for the T.H.E. Team...:drinker:

Ü
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    vikalyn do you live in Washington? or do you just like the Seahawks? I'm in Washington.

I did good with food today. I am proud of myself. I logged for 2 days and stayed under calories both days. Lets hope I do it until Friday at weigh in. I hope to have a successful week logging and losing.

Good luck to everyone and hope your work week goes well.

God Bless

Deb
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Goood Morning TEAM.... I am heading out to the Dr. so I can get back started... and get all my medication that I have been out of since June since my one dr. dont listen to my when I tell him I need 90 supply!!! ugh I have gained a lot since being off most of my meds... on the good side I get them back this month and next month so I should be in rare form!!! I am gonna have my energy back!!!! wooooo Hoooo
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Cyndi - Sorry about the kids but your mind set is good sine they are kids and to top that off they are with the ex and who knows what the dreaded ex's feed them... Your a great mom and they know that......

Deb- Your man drama "kidding"... I hate man drama, when I have it with my husband I EAT and EAT more.. geeze is that why I'm fat??? I would be willing to place money on that one.... You will one day find that man... A good one that deserves you....

Sheila - I am so glad you are here with me on this... Let me know how the DR appt goes... I want you to do this journey with me...

Kelly - You are just too cute for words.. I enjoy reading your posts about April and WOW you look so good. You stuck with it and met your goal weight... Keep us motivated...

Everyone else can't wait to get to know you all... It's a fun group.... We became close and continue in each others lives.. I've had emotional talks with these girls and I know I couldn't do this without them... So keep that slipper out Cyndi.. I will need it for sure.

Anita
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I'm liking the scales so far. I only lost 0.2 lbs yesterday but it is still a loss. That is 3.1lbs since weighing myself on Saturday. This is exciting again. I managed to log 2 days in a row and plan to keep up with it. I know I succeed when I log but logging is difficult for me. So I just need to make it a habit to log before I put the food in my mouth so I know if the food I am eating fits into my plan.

I have lots of chocolate in my house and I got my son to take it all out and hide it from me. He will only give me a little piece when I need a fix and if it fits into my calorie intake. It's nice when you have someone to support you. But he did forget last night and brought home a pizza from work and offered me some, but I turned him down. It was 9:30 at night and I had eaten at 6pm and my stomach was feeling hungry but I turned it down and got something to drink and went to bed.

Nita: I am hoping that the reason you need to lose weight isn't from over eating from stress of your marriage. You strike me a one with a perfect marriage...so much in love. If you are stressed I hope you can fix the issues so that you are happy. When happy you feel better and have more energy and then losing weight is easier.

Sheila you better yell at that doctor and get your 90 day supply so that you don't go 6 mts without meds. That is crazy. Sue him if he doesn't do it right.

I have finally found a doctor who knows what to do with fibromyalgia patients. My regular doctor didn't know what to do with me. I am on a new med that is really helping but being on this med I can't take the pain pills I was taking. I like not being on a narcotic. I haven't had a pain pill since Thanksgiving and I've been on vicodin for 23 yrs.

Well it's back to reality and work so I need to get in the shower to get ready for work. Really wish I didn't have to work full time. I'd love to work 3 days a week. Maybe one day.

Have a great day all. Good luck logging and exercising. Make today a new day!!

Deb