5 weeks, not much change

Options
Feeling frustrated as the scale doesn't seem to be moving! I did MFP combined with exercise last year and lost about 8 lbs. Managed to keep it off for 6 months but then gained it back around Christmas. I started exercising 3-4 times a week (bootcamp classes) in January. End of March I started logging again as I wasn't seeing much change this time. I have been logging for over a month and have maybe only lost one lbs. I exercise pretty much every day either running, lifting or bootcamp. I have a food scale and HRM. Cook almost everything home made. Eat chicken, fish, salad and veggies. Don't drink much alcohol. So frustrated! Especially as the same thing worked last year, in fact I am probably eating healthier and eating more this year. On a good note, I feel good, my migraines have disappeared and my clothes fit better. I FEEL I have lost fat but the scale is being stubborn!!! Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? My food diary is open. Thanks!

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Took me 7 weeks to see a notable change in the scale. Doesn't mean you are on the wrong track. Doesn't mean you are on the right track either. Just means it hasn't been very long so its hard to say.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Feeling frustrated as the scale doesn't seem to be moving! I did MFP combined with exercise last year and lost about 8 lbs. Managed to keep it off for 6 months but then gained it back around Christmas. I started exercising 3-4 times a week (bootcamp classes) in January. End of March I started logging again as I wasn't seeing much change this time. I have been logging for over a month and have maybe only lost one lbs. I exercise pretty much every day either running, lifting or bootcamp. I have a food scale and HRM. Cook almost everything home made. Eat chicken, fish, salad and veggies. Don't drink much alcohol. So frustrated! Especially as the same thing worked last year, in fact I am probably eating healthier and eating more this year. On a good note, I feel good, my migraines have disappeared and my clothes fit better. I FEEL I have lost fat but the scale is being stubborn!!! Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? My food diary is open. Thanks!

Have you been taking body measurements? Could you be losing inches, but not lbs?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    . I FEEL I have lost fat but the scale is being stubborn!!! Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? !

What you're doing wrong is being too concerned with a stupid number. You look better & feel better - that's what you should focus on.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Height, current weight, goal weight, body fat percentage (if known), target calorie goal

(Please)
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    5,1 starting weight 110 lbs, current just under 109, goal 104.. Body fat not known. My clothes do fit better. Would like the leg and butt area to slim down a bit more for bikini season! Target calorie goal is around 1500 including exercise calories which I usually eat most back. Thank you!
  • IliN82
    Options
    On the flipside, I don't gain weight easily either. When I was 110lbs I could eat anything and not gain a pound. My body seems to want to stick at that weight wether I eat 1000 calories or 3000 calories....
  • IliN82
    Options
    Bump
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't sign on again after leaving work.

That close to your goal weight, and with your normal/low-normal BMI, I would focus more on body recomp than weight loss. Seriously, throw away the scale, buy a measuring tape, and search these threads (and the internet at large) for body recomposition. Your body isn't going to want to give up those pounds, but it could be talked into burning fat in exchange for muscle.

Good luck!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 weeks in and still can't see much change. I work out 6 days a week and I eat under my TDEE but I'm still going and I plan on living this lifestyle for a while anyways
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What everyone else says. Forget the scale. Forget the weight. Measure and check the fit of your clothes. With that little to lose it may be awhile before you reach your desired look ("weight"). You may even gain weight if your body puts on muscle while losing body fat, but you will look better.