Who feels awesone?

Options
hyg99
hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
Christmas photos and I can't believe that I let myself get so fat. So 1st Jan, started my "diet".

....And I feel completely on it. I've lost 38 lb since NY day, as of yet lost every single week, with 25 lbs to go. I don't feel hungry, I feel that my food is so much nicer and the last few weeks I have been told by what feels like everyone that I look brilliant. Several people have commented that I've inspired them to lose weight and my energy levels are so much better. I am 41, 3 kids, work full time in a stressful job and having lost 3 & 1/2 stones and gained it all back a few years ago, despite being older this has been easier. I exercise 5 to 6 x a week but only do classes I enjoy.

No longer feels like a diet. Love feeling thinner. Love the classes.

Anyone else feel the same?

Edit. Can't believe awesome spelt wrong, clearly still have fat fingers!!

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I feel awsome.

:)

congratulations on your success
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I feel totally awesome and you are clearly awesome yourself! Congrats on your success!!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am awesome. I'm not on a diet, I changed my eating habits and made a lifestyle change. I'm liking my new body and still working on it.
  • hyg99
    Options
    Awesome Tickers!
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats hyg99 - you should feel awesome (and maybe fantastic or incredible)! Good luck with the rest of your goal (although with your routine I don't think luck really comes into play)! Thanks for posting!
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats hyg99 - you should feel awesome (and maybe fantastic or incredible)! Good luck with the rest of your goal (although with your routine I don't think luck really comes into play)! Thanks for posting!

TX
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What a great story. You've done so well, well done. Keep up the great work. I've only been going to the gym for 5 days as of today and I've been feeling so much better as of late. (more confident,positive and happier)

We've got this! :D
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    As cliche as it is, it's so true that nothing tastes as good as being healthy and fit feels. I've been doing this awhile now and I have changed my lifestyle and what feels normal. I have "indulged" a time or two and it just didn't satisfy me. And certain things bother my stomach now. I'm not used to grease!! lol!
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel proud and beautiful! I'm glad I finally started to wise up, it only took 53 years, lol. Thank you for being inspirational!
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome too! I've lost about 10 lbs since last month when I was at a doctor's appt and saw that I was only one lb under my highest pregnancy weight! I joined MFP and bought a Fitbit and now I am doing C25K and I just feel amazing! This morning when I was taking measurements I noticed that my belly doesn't really stick out anymore. It's smoother than I've seen it in a long time!

It's scary to be in the beginning still, though. Especially since i am aiming for a weight i haven't seen since junior high. I have no idea what a healthy weight will look or feel like on me. So I love seeing the success stories from folks farther along!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome! I'm getting close to being in the best shape of my adult life, I'm more physically active, I look better and I feel better about myself. It really bothers me when people blame their problems and getting older. I'm 42 and life is great!
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome! I'm getting close to being in the best shape of my adult life, I'm more physically active, I look better and I feel better about myself. It really bothers me when people blame their problems and getting older. I'm 42 and life is great!

I am staring down 50 [less than 2 weeks to that magic milestone], and I too am in the best physical and emotional shape of my life. This most current leg of the journey began last September, and I have shed nearly 40 pounds [overshot my goal weight by a little bit] and 47 total inches. I am stronger, fitter, happier, and frankly more obnoxious when it comes to positivity than I have ever been.

Feeling awesome AND loving life!!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    who-is-awesome.jpg
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Christmas photos and I can't believe that I let myself get so fat. So 1st Jan, started my "diet".

....And I feel completely on it. I've lost 38 lb since NY day, as of yet lost every single week, with 25 lbs to go. I don't feel hungry, I feel that my food is so much nicer and the last few weeks I have been told by what feels like everyone that I look brilliant. Several people have commented that I've inspired them to lose weight and my energy levels are so much better. I am 41, 3 kids, work full time in a stressful job and having lost 3 & 1/2 stones and gained it all back a few years ago, despite being older this has been easier. I exercise 5 to 6 x a week but only do classes I enjoy.

No longer feels like a diet. Love feeling thinner. Love the classes.

Anyone else feel the same?

Edit. Can't believe awesome spelt wrong, clearly still have fat fingers!!

I love this post - you should feel awesome!
    Your journey is so nearly a reflection of mine. I started in Feb (20lbs down today) after having regained 3 stone I lost a while back. I don't feel I'm on a restrictive diet and definitely enjoy my food more now than when I was just eating mindlessly. I don't feel overawed about the rest I have to lose (another 20 or 30 lbs?) and am enjoying being more active.
    Thank you for reminding me that life is good and I too have lots to feel awesome about
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheWorstHorse
    TheWorstHorse Posts: 185
    Options
    Every day you don't feel awesome, a puppy loses its wings. Most people don't even realize puppies have wings because everybody is so down on themselves.

So do the right thing, help animals, and believe in yourself. Because you're awesome.

(also I feel pretty awesome right now).

Completely True.

I thought I was the only one who knew this.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Every day you don't feel awesome, a puppy loses its wings. Most people don't even realize puppies have wings because everybody is so down on themselves.

So do the right thing, help animals, and believe in yourself. Because you're awesome.

:laugh: Love this!
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel, awesome! I lost all motivation, and clambered my way back onto the wagon and am fighting harder than before! i just had a delicious salad, and am going to enjoy nature in my own back garden!
  • hyg99
    Options

Love that!

The pictures on this forum make me so inspired and every day seems that bit easier. Can't believe how great it feels to be healthier.