Exercise the day after going over calorie intake

Options
Hey there guys so today i went over my calories by 600, I binged and ate 3000 calories all up, ashamed but over it, was my fault and now im going to work hard and exercise it off just wondering if i burn 1500 calories or so tomorrow through a soccer match, walking and exercise bike will that mean today is gone and i won't gain anything at all?

thanks guys :)

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly totals. Most people eat a little more some days a little less others. I find the weekly totals for my deficit easier to maintain.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly totals. Most people eat a little more some days a little less others. I find the weekly totals for my deficit easier to maintain.

I agree with this.

But I also think it will be a challenge to burn 1500kcals all at once.
    Maybe try to offset that burn throughout the week.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Also if you went over by 600 then surely you only need to burn 600?
  • oshjj
    oshjj Posts: 17
    Options
    But I also think it will be a challenge to burn 1500kcals all at once.
    I burn up too 1000 during soccer and around 500 during biking and daily walking activity
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    you only ate over 600 calories ,, easy to burn sure they'll be dead and gone after all the activity you are going to be doing
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

QFT
  • oshjj
    oshjj Posts: 17
    Options
    Another thing is that I've gained 6kgs these past three weeks and burning way more calories then I'm consuming weekly, anybody help out?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Another thing is that I've gained 6kgs these past three weeks and burning way more calories then I'm consuming weekly, anybody help out?

To lose you must be in a calorie deficit. If you're not weighing, measuring, & logging all your food, it's easy to go over and not realize it. How is your logging?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    600?
    That's it?

Won't effect your weight loss goals at all.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    600?
    That's it?

the same thing i was trying to say :D its only 600
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    600?
    That's it?

the same thing i was trying to say :D its only 600

+1

Yesterday was my birthday - over by 1000+ delicious, delectable calories. The little weight gain that it caused will be gone in a few days - no problem. Stay after it!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options

If you are up 6Kg you are not eating in a calorie deficit. That means either you are eating more than you think because you are not measuring and logging as carefully as you need to, or you are thinking you are burning more calories than you are in your activity. The burns you talk about seem sort of high, although without context it is difficult to say. Assuming you are following the MFP way of logging, I would suggest not eating all your exercise calories back, maybe 50% to start. At this point, being 6Kg up (13Lbs) you should probably set your goal for a loss of half a pound a week.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

If you are up 6Kg you are not eating in a calorie deficit. That means either you are eating more than you think because you are not measuring and logging as carefully as you need to, or you are thinking you are burning more calories than you are in your activity. The burns you talk about seem sort of high, although without context it is difficult to say. Assuming you are following the MFP way of logging, I would suggest not eating all your exercise calories back, maybe 50% to start. At this point, being 6Kg up (13Lbs) you should probably set your goal for a loss of half a pound a week.

The 6kg could be nothing more than water weight. I just battled with 11lbs of water weight for 7days
  • ramyad1
    ramyad1 Posts: 16
    Options
    The 6kg could be nothing more than water weight. I just battled with 11lbs of water weight for 7days

I would agree. I had a situation where I appeared to gain 2kg in less than a week and then 2 weeks later I was under. I did feel bloated and so put it down to water weight.

Consume a lot of water daily, It would tell your body that you are keeping hydrated and therefore it will not retain water for the times you are dehydrated. Dehydration is not when you are thirsty. You can be dehydrated and not be thirsty.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

To lose you must be in a calorie deficit. If you're not weighing, measuring, & logging all your food, it's easy to go over and not realize it. How is your logging?

The measuring and whatnot may be true, buuuutttttt......it could be because you are eating to few calories (crazy right?), happened to me and it can happen to anyone. If this is your situation I wouldn't worry too much about cutting calories and just eat healthier foods like more produce. The weight loss might be slower but it will be more lasting.