anyone use herbalife?

Options
Does anyone drink herbalife shakes? I'm looking into them and want to know if any of you noticed a difference especially in your energy?

Replies

• pagmichigan
    pagmichigan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Herbalife...as a grandmother of 5, I have lots of energy and recently started lifting weights to tighten & tone my body. Just listen to your coach and follow the plan, super easy and life changing...You will do GREAT
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There is another topic on this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/495279-anyone-doing-herbalife?page=1

However in my opinion they are some overpriced and overhyped shakes...
  • cassie4animals
    cassie4animals Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I tried it and hated it. The amount of supplements they recommended was too much for me and I disliked the taste of the shakes, but I've had friends who did quite well on it. To each his/her own!
  • tazroni
    tazroni Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with guitar jerry, just eat food and learn to adjust your intake within the calories suggest by mfp. In the past I have tried shakes and diet groups and this time I decided to eat healthy and stay within the calories suggested by mfp. About 10 years ago I lost a lot of weight dieting and exercising at the gym like a maniac. This time I am eating healthy and I am doing exercise that is reasonable and that I can do at home, walking, biking and hopefully eventually running. I have hand weights and lots of tapes if I feel like jumping around. Its easy to think if I buy this type of shake or join this type of club it will make it easier. Its not easy, it takes a lot of work commitment and control, so for me its taking it one day at a time and adopting a healthy life style.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Just eat food. What is the matter with people?

There is nothing wrong with people. Some of us just hate being hungry while we're losing or maintaining weight. So we are always looking for something that will stop us from feeling hunger. Problem is, appetite suppressants have a nasty reputation for not working, or having dangerous side effects, or stopping working at sane doses due to tolerance, or getting banned.

Someone wake me up when the bright kids in the lab coats come up with a diet pill that actually does work, won't kill me, and won't stop working, and I'll take it every day for life. And if it gets banned, they can take it from me when they pry it from my cold, dead, slim fingers.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

There is nothing wrong with people. Some of us just hate being hungry while we're losing or maintaining weight. So we are always looking for something that will stop us from feeling hunger. Problem is, appetite suppressants have a nasty reputation for not working, or having dangerous side effects, or stopping working at sane doses due to tolerance, or getting banned.

Someone wake me up when the bright kids in the lab coats come up with a diet pill that actually does work, won't kill me, and won't stop working, and I'll take it every day for life. And if it gets banned, they can take it from me when they pry it from my cold, dead, slim fingers.

[sarcasm mode engaged] Wow, that sounds like a really healthy way to live. [sarcasm mode disengaged]

Eat real food, learn portion control/moderation & stop looking for a quick fix.
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I personally would never use it, but to each their own. My friends are using it and they are losing so much weigh so fast. My one friend lost like 12 inches in her first week and like 13 pounds. I don't really find that healthy at all. It's not my life though, so I won't be saying anything. I rather eat a well balanced diet than just drink shakes. But again, that is me and to each their own.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I personally would never use it, but to each their own. My friends are using it and they are losing so much weigh so fast. My one friend lost like 12 inches in her first week and like 13 pounds. I don't really find that healthy at all. It's not my life though, so I won't be saying anything. I rather eat a well balanced diet than just drink shakes. But again, that is me and to each their own.

They lose that much because it causes them to poop so much.
  • Jestinia
    Options

[sarcasm mode engaged] Wow, that sounds like a really healthy way to live. [sarcasm mode disengaged]

What if a safe, effective pill existed that would cause people who dislike healthy food to want to eat healthy food? I bet you'd be fine with that. So why are you not fine with a pill that keeps people from overeating? Not that a safe, effective one exists, because I don't think one does yet, but if it did, what is unhealthy about preventing and treating obesity with it?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

People, they want the magix. They want the potion. They want to spend their money on stuff that will work "when paired with a proper diet and exercise", believing that it was the magic potion that makes them lose weight and not the "proper diet and exercise".
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

What if a safe, effective pill existed that would cause people who dislike healthy food to want to eat healthy food? I bet you'd be fine with that. So why are you not fine with a pill that keeps people from overeating? Not that a safe, effective one exists, because I don't think one does yet, but if it did, what is unhealthy about preventing and treating obesity with it?

Because we have to eat to live. Learning how to do this in a healthy way is sustainable. Learning to rely on a pill that is deemed healthy today (recalled tomorrow) is not. Obesity may be considered an "illness" now, but I don't believe there is a pill that will address all the issues that are the basis of overeating. Many consider surgery a healthy way to lose weight. It still doesn't address the proper issues. Quick fixes are just that. A pill will never solve all the problems.
  • Jestinia
    Options

Because we have to eat to live. Learning how to do this in a healthy way is sustainable. Learning to rely on a pill that is deemed healthy today (recalled tomorrow) is not. Obesity may be considered an "illness" now, but I don't believe there is a pill that will address all the issues that are the basis of overeating. Many consider surgery a healthy way to lose weight. It still doesn't address the proper issues. Quick fixes are just that. A pill will never solve all the problems.

The hypothetical neighbor I'm about to invent for you has to obey pesky decency laws and noise ordinances. But let us say your neighbor has one weakness, a mental glitch that compels him to run naked down the street at four a.m. screaming in Klingon. And let us say a safe effective pill exists that dampens his compulsion to do this. Are you really going to to say he shouldn't take it?

If we humans were perfect bundles of logic and self control obesity wouldn't even exist. If they come up with the pill, I'm taking it. That is one less thing I have to put my energy and willpower into. Sadly, as I already said, it doesn't exist yet. Not in a safe and long-term effective form. But I have no contempt for the idea of it and don't understand your contempt.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My friend sells them. I'm planning on getting the shakes to help me eat and get extra vitamins in the morning. I'm a terrible morning eater and I want to try to improve on that. I found the shakes aren't that expensive (Comes down to $1 per serving with the discount my friend is giving me).
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

There are safe and effective medications that control my high blood pressure, help control my blood glucose levels, help lower my cholesterol, pain meds to alleviate my joint pain, even meds to control and stabilize my mood disorder. Gosh, I'm so lucky!! I guess I can continue to eat poorly, not exercise and drop my therapy because I have all those marvels of modern pharmacology to rely on.

NOT! I started here to lose weight. I stay here to increase my health and well-being on all fronts through my own efforts (learning to eat well, exercise, practice self control, determination, accountability, discipline and responsibility). It is SO much more satisfying than popping a handful of pills every morning!
  • Jestinia
    Options

There are safe and effective medications that control my high blood pressure, help control my blood glucose levels, help lower my cholesterol, pain meds to alleviate my joint pain, even meds to control and stabilize my mood disorder. Gosh, I'm so lucky!! I guess I can continue to eat poorly, not exercise and drop my therapy because I have all those marvels of modern pharmacology to rely on.

NOT! I started here to lose weight. I stay here to increase my health and well-being on all fronts through my own efforts (learning to eat well, exercise, practice self control, determination, accountability, discipline and responsibility). It is SO much more satisfying than popping a handful of pills every morning!

At some point there is logic in looking for shortcuts. Let us say your therapy required six hours of your day and four more outside therapy of intense focus.

You'd get nothing else done. At that point, if a pill existed to replace your therapy you'd probably be advised to take it, unless you're independently wealthy and don't require energy and time for actual employment.

I find fighting hunger energy, time, and willpower consuming. Sign me up for the pill when and if it's ever available, I have more important things to do.
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options

The hypothetical neighbor I'm about to invent for you has to obey pesky decency laws and noise ordinances. But let us say your neighbor has one weakness, a mental glitch that compels him to run naked down the street at four a.m. screaming in Klingon. And let us say a safe effective pill exists that dampens his compulsion to do this. Are you really going to to say he shouldn't take it?

If we humans were perfect bundles of logic and self control obesity wouldn't even exist. If they come up with the pill, I'm taking it. That is one less thing I have to put my energy and willpower into. Sadly, as I already said, it doesn't exist yet. Not in a safe and long-term effective form. But I have no contempt for the idea of it and don't understand your contempt.

I'm sure I could come up with a million hypothetical situations - but sadly, we shall never agree on this. In short, please - you do you. This is a forum for opinions and all are welcome.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    It's really high quality supplements.. But in my opinion, not worth it. You can get enough nutrients from foods and feel full.
  • Jestinia
    Options

I'm sure I could come up with a million hypothetical situations - but sadly, we shall never agree on this. In short, please - you do you. This is a forum for opinions and all are welcome.

Fair enough. :flowerforyou: