• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Didn't know lemon head, was a nurse...

Thats because I am not :laugh:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It IS ok to be under and I will not stop. I worked with a DIETICIAN. Its fine to be under as long as you are getting the proper calories and nutrients for you. People are going off BASE guidelines. Everyone is different. She needs to see a dietician or doctor because everyone here is going off of generalized information. Im not new either. Ive used mfp on and off. im just back. I will continue to tell people the truth.

However your advice seems very pro-ANA. We are not here to counsel people into an eating disorder. In fact, loss of appetite is one of the KEY signs and symptoms of anorexia or a very low calorie diet.

OP, I've lost the majority of my 150 lbs while eating 1500 - 1800 calories per day. I'm 5'2", female, 46 years old, started out at 347.2 lbs ----> 197.9 this morning
    > goal 145.) I started on October 1, 2012. Edit to add that I say "majority" because at one point when I was just using MFP's guidelines instead of doing TDEE - 15%, MFP had me down to 1280 calories. I decided then that 1200 was complete and utter BS.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    honey just see a dietician. people freak over 4, 5 and 600 calories when they do NOT know a back story or the persons personal nutritional needs. if you are not hungry don't eat. this board is consistently showing itself to be a place for impersonal generalized advice that really has no bases on each person as an individual. its all numbers numbers numbers. if you feel there is something wrong go see a doc. if you feel full and fine and healthy keep up the good work and don't change what your doing. Good luck
    you are giving some very scary advice what's even scarier is you don't see it
    +1000
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It IS ok to be under and I will not stop. I worked with a DIETICIAN. Its fine to be under as long as you are getting the proper calories and nutrients for you. People are going off BASE guidelines. Everyone is different. She needs to see a dietician or doctor because everyone here is going off of generalized information. Im not new either. Ive used mfp on and off. im just back. I will continue to tell people the truth.

However your advice seems very pro-ANA. We are not here to counsel people into an eating disorder. In fact, loss of appetite is one of the KEY signs and symptoms of anorexia or a very low calorie diet.

OP, I've lost the majority of my 150 lbs while eating 1500 - 1800 calories per day. I'm 5'2", female, 46 years old, started out at 347.2 lbs ----> 197.9 this morning
    > goal 145.) I started on October 1, 2012. Edit to add that I say "majority" because at one point when I was just using MFP's guidelines instead of doing TDEE - 15%, MFP had me down to 1280 calories. I decided then that 1200 was complete and utter BS.

As someone that used to suffer from a significant level of disordered eating habits- what she proposed was pro-ANAZ.
    Pro-ana is a really, really hurtful term for many of the people (at least the ones I know) that are or were ever in the grips of that disease at one point. There is no such as thing pro eating disorder. That's like saying "I'M PRO CANCER!"
    There are however people that glorify the disorder as a lifestyle choice and willingly destroy themselves in homage to their Goddess, Ana. We called them Anaz and made fun of them relentlessly back in the day, don't know if it still goes on now. I haven't had any contact with any of the girls I used to talk to in a really long time, save for one who I ended up being close friends with.
    Not arguing with anyone or trying to start drama either way, just making a statement. :flowerforyou:

Edited for typo.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,029 Member
    Options
    out of curiosity, what does the Z stand for in pro ANAZ?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    honey just see a dietician. people freak over 4, 5 and 600 calories when they do NOT know a back story or the persons personal nutritional needs. if you are not hungry don't eat. this board is consistently showing itself to be a place for impersonal generalized advice that really has no bases on each person as an individual. its all numbers numbers numbers. if you feel there is something wrong go see a doc. if you feel full and fine and healthy keep up the good work and don't change what your doing. Good luck

Noooo. This is terrible advice! There isn't any way possible that eating 400-600 calories a day is in any way heathy. Shame on you for promoting your eating disorders to others.