What should I do today?

Options
My husband is going to be working a lot today, so I am going to be on my own with the baby. Ideas about what I should do today? I want to do something fun so imam not bored and a friend had to postpone having lunch with us. If I want to get in exercise (which I do!) it will have to be walking with the baby in the stroller (which is my usual exercise goal anyway ---- I have a fitbit to count steps and miles). Normally my go-to would be to visit all the local food places (we have a ton of great restaurants and coffee shops within a 2 mi radius of our home). But I am trying to avoid making eating out a go-to activity for boredom.

I could also take the stroller to a grocery store and walk the aisles and check out new low-cal snacks and brainstorm meals...

Or I could take the baby to a museum, but they are usually overcrowded and I can't get many steps in.

Other ideas? The parking at the zoo and the arboretum are awful, otherwise I'd go there.

Suggestions for places to go walking when you have a baby with you?

Replies

• karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could get an extra walk in and take a new route to spice things up? Otherwise, you can go onto Youtube and try to search for workout videos. If you have a stationary bike or a regular bicycle with a baby seat on it, you can go on a bike ride.

I'm not quite sure where SunnyGal2014 got her response from, but I'm open to the option that it may not be the truth.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could get an extra walk in and take a new route to spice things up? Otherwise, you can go onto Youtube and try to search for workout videos. If you have a stationary bike or a regular bicycle with a baby seat on it, you can go on a bike ride.

Thanks! I texted another friend and will take a walk to their place when the baby gets up from her nap. If I am trying to be at her house by a specific time, I won't be as tempted to wander into coffee shops and eat sweets. Plus, I took your idea of traveling a different route and planned a route that will mostly go past houses instead of places to eat.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Thanks! I texted another friend and will take a walk to their place when the baby gets up from her nap. If I am trying to be at her house by a specific time, I won't be as tempted to wander into coffee shops and eat sweets. Plus, I took your idea of traveling a different route and planned a route that will mostly go past houses instead of places to eat.

Good idea.