Because im already losing it. :frown:

Replies

• iLuvMyChemicalRomane
    Options
    Because im already losing it. :frown:
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No one can answer that but you. If you can't find the motivation and will power to stick to it then it doesn't matter what anyone else says. It's something that has to come from within.
  • iLuvMyChemicalRomane
    Options
    i really need more than just myself to get motivated though. its tough.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think if you look at it like a lifestyle change that helps.

1. Allow yourself small amts of what you like - don't deprive yourself.
    2. Exercise alleviates stress so it is a good thing for your body
    3. Keep posting and find what drives you --

Just a few thoughts... I am sure everyone hits the wall at some point but tomorrow is another day and a NEW day so.... stay positive.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

If it wasn't tough everyone would be doing it!!! You are different and strong, you can do this!!

Found a site for ya!!

http://www.womens-health-fitness.com/weight-loss-motivation.html
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    When I lose motivation I do the things that motivate me in the first place. I usually love running so I will go running with my sister who also loves it, or pick up a new copy of runners world. Figure out some positive things that motivate you and use them when you really need to.
    Good luck!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options

If it wasn't tough everyone would be doing it!!! You are different and strong, you can do this!!

Found a site for ya!!

http://www.womens-health-fitness.com/weight-loss-motivation.html

AMEN!!!

What keeps me motivated is going through old pics and seeing the OLD me. Going through my closet and trying something on that USED to be tight, and now is too big. This sounds cheesy... but... sitting on my husband's lap to snuggle.. and both of us being totally comfortable! :D:D
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by remembering how I was feeling a month ago compared to how I am feeling now. I don't want to go back to the "blech" feeling.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I pull out my Day 1 pictures and ask myself if the person on the outside is reflecting the one on the inside. I always say no, but usually taking a good hard look at my weight drives me to get back on the horse!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Here ya go!!! Today, make an official choice! Best of luck! Doing the right thing isn't always easy.

HeathyChange.jpg
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Here ya go!!! Today, make an official choice! Best of luck! Doing the right thing isn't always easy.

HeathyChange.jpg

I'm making this picture my screensaver!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!:laugh:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I get motivated by coming in here and looking at some of the before and after pictures and if you join one of the exercise links. We have a walking one for 30 min. a day and help keep each other motivated. Come join sometimes when you make a commitment with others it keeps you in check. Make sure you drink losts of water it helps and give yourself a treat but stay within your calories. YOU CAN DO THIS. :drinker: :drinker:
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I feel that friends, family girlfriends or boyfriends are a HUGE motovation! It is very hard to stay on track but if you have someone to stay on track with, it makes it that much easier. I also feel that your old clothes can be a factor as well. For Example, I just brought out some of my older Tae Kwon Do uniforms out in my closet just to see them every single day. After all the hard work, I can actually say I am going to wear the uniforms to classes when I teach again! Don't give up and keep working hard
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hey

I've been trying to loose weight for 3 yrs (after #2 was born)
    I think what helped ME was logging in cals and not worrying about how much protein vs fat etc
    I didn't stop eating any foods, just switched to healthier options (low-fat ice cream and dark chocolate, healthier cereal, breads and even bagels...)
    I try to eat healthy every day and keep tabs of my cals and allow 1-2 sweet treats (I NEED it....maybe because I don't drink coffee.soda...I need the sugar..LOL)

Good luck!!!
    I found the first 1-2 weeks REALLY hard but you get into a groove after that.....I think loosing weight keeps u motivated, buying smaller clothes etc

Kim
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have on my pc the old me before kids and right next to her is the big me - at my largest and I can see where I don't want to be ever again and I can see where I want to be. Man did she have good looking legs :laugh: Nothing like the big me - she has some man oh man nasty legs. Since my office is in the center of the house anyone who comes over can see them too.. And it's nice to hear people say "Man I can't believe you were that big." or "Was that you? You have lost a ton and look great." That's all I need to hear to get my butt back on the bike for another mile. Plaster Big Me all over the house. On the fridge, closet door, screen saver or background. Take Big Me with you anywhere you go in your purse as a reminder of who you don't want to be.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    We have a walking one for 30 min. a day and help keep each other motivated. Come join sometimes when you make a commitment with others it keeps you in check.

Absolutely!!! Well put!

............................And you are welcome on the door image. I made that to keep myself motivated too!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I think what helped ME was logging in cals and not worrying about how much protein vs fat etc
    I didn't stop eating any foods, just switched to healthier options

Kim!!! DITTO!!!

I have just started controlling a portion of crackers when I eat, having a hot dog with the family, but not eating a bite of this and that along the way of cooking. Having a serving size of milk, not tons and tons of whatever...Limiting my margaritas to only 10 per day...Ya know, the simple stuff! :tongue: