Best Workout/running shoes for ladies

Options
I was wondering what the ladies would consider as the best shoes to use in general cardio, running or aerobics. I am planning to buy one but am very confused from all the brands .. etc.

it is worth-mentioning that I also have minor inflammation in the tendon in my foot, so I need shoes with good heel support.

Replies

• aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to run? Then you need a pair of running shoes, you can do all those other activities in them, but you'll have to replace them sooner then, they should last around 300-500 miles. Go to a local running specialty store (not a sporting goods store) and get fitted. The brands you'll see runners wear most often are Asics, Brooks, Mizuno, and Saucony.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance....they have good Arch and heel support. I don't run but I run/walk and I do Zumba and just started P90X so my feet are getting a beating.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have Asics Cummulus 14 for outdoor running and I love them. I haven't had a shin splint since using them. Have been great for absorbing impact.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I recommend a seperate pair of shoes for general training vs. for running. Running shoes are pretty specifically designed to transfer momentum from front to back, not side-to-side, etc. A stable, supportive pair of running shoes can put you at higher risk for injury when using them for tasks that work against the shoes, like weight training, dance, or agility drills.

A training shoe may be in your best interest as an all around go-to. They can be used pretty comfortable for runs under 5 miles. Anything longer and the support/shock absorbtion of an actual running-specific shoe should be considered.

Reebok dance urlead are great for dance/aerobics workouts.

Nike Free TR is a great all-around training shoe. It has some support and cushioning for a comfortable ride while running while having a firm but flexible sole, making it more all purpose than a running shoe.

I have high arches, so I wear Nike Lunar series running shoes for road running and treadmill running.

The type of shoe you get should be tailored to your needs. The terrain (trail, road, treadmill), the length and intensity of the run/training (short jog, HIIT, marathon/endurance training), and the shape of your foot should all be considered when choosing an effective pair of shoes.
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony shoes with gel. Love it. Super comfortable and great support.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I recommend a seperate pair of shoes for general training vs. for running. Running shoes are pretty specifically designed to transfer momentum from front to back, not side-to-side, etc. A stable, supportive pair of running shoes can put you at higher risk for injury when using them for tasks that work against the shoes, like weight training, dance, or agility drills.

A training shoe may be in your best interest as an all around go-to. They can be used pretty comfortable for runs under 5 miles. Anything longer and the support/shock absorbtion of an actual running-specific shoe should be considered.

Reebok dance urlead are great for dance/aerobics workouts.

Nike Free TR is a great all-around training shoe. It has some support and cushioning for a comfortable ride while running while having a firm but flexible sole, making it more all purpose than a running shoe.

I have high arches, so I wear Nike Lunar series running shoes for road running and treadmill running.

The type of shoe you get should be tailored to your needs. The terrain (trail, road, treadmill), the length and intensity of the run/training (short jog, HIIT, marathon/endurance training), and the shape of your foot should all be considered when choosing an effective pair of shoes.

Thank you so much, this is very informative
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on running, do yourself a favor and go to a running store and get fitted. I recently did this, and the difference is absolutely night and day regarding how running feels to me (after trying on and running in 6 different shoes, I now wear New Balance now, FYI).
    Oh, and I've also heard great things about Nike Free, but do not have personal experience.