Infused water....

Options
tworthen79
tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
I hate drinking plain water. I have no issues drinking while exercising or when I'm out in the hot weather. But while indoors, i can't seem to drink it. Anyone use a water infusion pitcher and if so, what are your favorite recipes?

Replies

• nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't use a special pitcher to make mine, but I love sliced cucumber and lemon/lime in water. I put a few slices in my reusable water bottle and simply refill as needed throughout the day.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just fill a pitcher with water and add cucumber, lemon, mint, fruit, etc. Let it sit for a few hours and you're good to go! No fancy equipment needed :)

Cucumber, mint and lemon is a great combo!
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Great idea! I know if I bought a pitcher the whole family would drink more water. So I can make it in the morning and just put it in the fridge. Keep the husband & kiddos away from the sodas and such. I love tea, hate soda. So i was thinking a recipe with green tea, maybe.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and Rosemary,Cucumber and Mint,Berries and Lemon,Lemon and Lime....Now i'm thirsty!
  • jalence
    jalence Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I have an infusion pitcher and I absolutely love it. I know I drink more water because of it. Mostly I just put in lemons or limes.
  • eire7981
    eire7981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just use lemons every day, but my husband likes more variety. His favorite is blueberries and lemon in an infuser pitcher.
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I use cranberry juice 100% natural without anything added. Cranbery juice is beneficial for health. Love it.
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Acidy fruits are they problem? As in for your teeth? Or are the amounts so small that, that shouldn't be an issue?
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually use the cold brew tea bags and put them in my water bottle at work...use one per day (my water bottle is one of those cups with a straw you can get for 6 dollars at walmart).
  • tworthen79
    Options
    I definitely need a bottle with a straw and keep that sucker full at all times with fruity water.
    I have a bottled water now (plain), that I've been babying for an hour....lol
  • hippechickie
    hippechickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I squirt the flavored vitamin additive. It makes the water more interesting and gives me a vitamin boost. It is simple; no infusion recipe required.
  • Stu2005
    Stu2005 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love ice tea. I have a tea maker and only use 4 tea bags and some Nutriva. It's a natural sweetner. Will this be a good substitute for water.