Looking to lose 100 lbs! :O

Options
Hey everyone, :smile:

I'm an 18 yo girl trying to get my life sorted out with the number 1 goal: TO LOSE WEIGHT. I'm starting college in september and would be very content if i could do it weighing less or at least on my way to my weight loss goal. Started off 235 lbs:embarassed: , now 228, omw to 130-140 lbs. I've noticed that MFP actually works and it all comes down to how motivated/determined you are. Anyone on the same boat, or a relatively close one..HMU! :D Would love to hear success stories, etc. Toodles! :drinker:

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've already made some great progress.

I know your goal may seem far away but every little bit of progress can lead to substantial improvements. For example, even though it's only been ~2 months since I started, the benefits have been REALLY noticeable.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm a fair amount older but I'm in a similar boat. I'm looking to lose about 160 lbs total. There is a group on here 100+ to lose for those needing to lose more than a hundred pounds or in that general area.

So, far I've lost nearly 30 lbs. I had some med issues a couple of months back now that resulted in over a 20 lb gain, but that's gone now and the scale is continuing to head in the right direction.
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the let's lose 100+! Group. Hope to see you there. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15651-let-s-lose-100
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me as long as they are willing to like and comment often, as I do the same. My goal is 130 and right now I'm 196. Not 100 pounds but I'll still support ya.
  • ramla17
    ramla17 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies, enjoyed reading them. :flowerforyou:
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You're headed in the right direction, and I'll bet you already feel much better since you've started to lose some weight. Your comment about MFP was right on the money! I no longer have 100 lbs to lose, because MFP does work. I want to drop another 65-70 lbs. but I still consider myself part of the "100 Club". On January 1, 2014, I had over 100 lbs to lose. I lost some on my own, and then found MFP in February. Since then, it's been pretty easy. And I'm older than you are (usually, the younger you are, the faster you'll lose). Remember, September is a long time from now. You CAN do this!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey! :-)

I started at 202 after giving birth to my Son, And I weigh 135 now! :-) so yes, it works and you can do this!! Best of luck to you! :-)
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can do this :happy: . I started at 245lbs.... currently 166.8lbs .... goal weight 140lbs .....Good Luck :wink:
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You've got this :)

Ive lost about 70lb so far with weight watchers and now mfp. When I started I had 110lb to lose. Its so achievable.

Take some advice from a girl who did not listen and enjoy the journey and be kind to yourself. It wont happen over night, but if you are feeling good about yourself that wont matter.

Best of luck Xx

-also feel free to add me everyone Xx
  • Nerdybookworm1990
    Nerdybookworm1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey (you can do it!) I am 23, and looking to lose 100+ pounds. Anyone can feel free to add.