1200 calories?

Options
im a 6ft 235 pound female. why is MFP telling me to eat only 1200 calories a day. dosn't sound right to me.. am i wrong? how do I fix this? also i just realized that MFP is telling me that i have 190 punds to lose? how do i fix these settings? lol what the hell. im sure i made a mistake with setting up my account or something.

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Well for comparison, I'm a 6 ft 220lb male and MFP calculates my daily calories to 1,460. I have my weight loss goal at 2lb/week which probably translates to about a 7000 calorie deficit per week so that makes for a 1000 calorie/day deficit which brings my calories down from 2,460 to 1,460.
  • SuziQGettinFit
    Options
    Just wondering if you set your weekly loss quite high. I'm 5'6" and weigh 167 and my daily calories are 1200 - but I only want to lose 1 lb a week. Don't forget that you can eat back your exercise calories (or at least part of them)
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Please read this link. It has so much good information in it. 1200 is so little food to meet your body's nutritional needs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Jarahal
    Jarahal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It is probably close to accurate.. you just have to make better choices about what you're eating, you will still be eating plenty if they're good choices, if it is too much of a challenge for you try setting it to 1 pound a week or such. Also getting some cardio in will allow you to eat more. Good luck!
  • GundaTheFit
    GundaTheFit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got the same and I want to lose 8kg ( about 16 lbs) in 6 weeks about 2lbs a week ( ca 1 kg)
    I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and are struggling to make my goal every day.
    If u exercise a bit every day you can eat more.
    500cal whit carrots are more and feel u up much better then 500cal whit chocolate .
  • chubbycakes97
    Options
    whoops! i accidently set my goal weight as 45 pounds. lol i figured out how to fix it and my calories per a day is now saying 1450. i think that sounds about right. am i correct?
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 180 and I only have 1460 calories to work with!

I put my goal at 45 just for curiosity and I still have 1,460 Calories / Day which isn't surprising since there is going to be a caloric minimum.
  • chubbycakes97
    Options
    my goal is 135 i need to loose 100 pounds!