fitbit?

Options
13»

Replies

• Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    SoonToBeFitti said:

The wristband tracks your sleep, which is a great feature, you just have to remember to turn the option on.

What I noticed with the Flex was they tried to pack a lot of options into one small device, so you had to remember multiple "tap" sequences to turn things on and off. But one of the good things about it was it's silent alarm feature, and it's rechargable battery. Unfortunately the battery lasts three to four days at most, but it doesn't take long to charge.

Actually you don't have to remember to turn it on to track sleep. You can go into the phone app and then tell it from what time you started sleeping and ended sleeping and it will show how well you slept. If you forgot when you went to be or woke up you can just put a time you know for sure you were up for sure then look at when it shows the first time you went to be and about the time you got up. will be Red bars and then just change the time to those and it will only show the actual sleep you got.

As for the taps the only tap you have to remember is double tap. To show you the %of your step goal. The triple tap is to put it into sleep mode which you can just hit a button on your phone to enter sleep mode or just do as I previously said.
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    NicksMommy224 said:
    I just got a Flex on Monday. I love it!! There are certain activities, like elliptical, grass cutting and shopping I will put it in my pocket. Seems to log better that way with those task. I love how I can put it on my wrist and just forget about it. Not having to worry about leaving it at home. I have not ventured into any form of water with it just yet.

It is fully waterproof. I wear it swimming all the time. I loved my force until the band started to separate from the display and because they recalled it they wouldn't replace it, but it wasn't waterproof. I really hope they come out with a better one next. Something that does HRM and is waterproof.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it! I love that it's discreet and can be clipped anywhere (I usually wear it on my bra strap), and I also like that it has a display.
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have had a flex since last November. I also compared calorie burn from my fitbit to the calories consumed to project possible weight loss and it came closer than MFP, mapmyfitness or my HRM. I'm not saying its perfect for everyone in that regard, its just the best for me.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    going to buy a fitbit one in a few minutes so excited.:tongue:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and love it for pushing me to make sure I get at least my 10000 steps in each day but I never wear it to go swimming. I have a Polar F2 (bought new from ebay for £20)and wear this with a chest strap for swimming then work out my calories after
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    I've had the Flex for almost a year now and love it. I wear it 24/7 except for the once a week charging (2-3 hours) and when my bird wants to sit on that arm because he's not a fan. I shower with it with no problem, I took it in a pool once - it's supposed to be water resistant to 10 meters but since it's not tracking steps while you're swimming, I don't see the point of wearing it in the water and don't. It's comfy, I forget it's there. I think it's more of what fits your particular likes, I like that I don't have to slip it on and off when I change clothes or shower, or go to sleep. That works for me. I have several colored bands so I change it each time I charge it and keep it fun (waiting for the new red one). I don't mind not having a display, either I'm at home near my computer and check the dashboard on the website or if I'm at work or out, I have the app on my phone and it's easy enough to access. I don't even tap it to see the dots during the day. I like what I refer to as my little fireworks display when I hit my 10K :happy: The alarm feature is great - anything that doesn't make shrill noises works for me. It's gotten me walking more. When I started I was lucky to do 3-4K a day, now I almost always hit 10K and try to get to 15K once a week (today). I added some people to the leaderboard so when I see someone just ahead of me, I find myself doing laps around the house to beat their numbers even though it's not a contest and it's all in my little brain :tongue: I sync it to MFP but log everything here, just my preference.

Whatever you choose, do your research and make sure to use it and get a lot out of it. I think it's a great tool and definitely worth the investment.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at a different brand called shine and it can be used while swimming, which I do a lot of in the summer. Anyone have one of those? Can it link with MFP?

I have the fitbit flex and it can be immersed into water to 10 meters. I wear it all of the time including my water exercise class 3x a week plus showers, hot tub, etc
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit One, I really enjoyed. It tracks steps and altitude well, although it's not so good at distance.Seeing in real-time how you're doing vs. your goals and friends is motivating. The awards, too!

The big knock is it's easily lost. The Fitbit Force tried to fix that, but was recalled for causing burns.

However, now that the Garmin Vivofit and Polar Loop are in the market, those are what I'd recommend. They not only measure your steps but also your workouts. At some point, most people transition from getting in a few extra steps to doing actual workouts (hiking, swimming, jogging, bicycling, yoga, weights). These can count your steps as you begin and keep pace as your needs become more advanced!

Distance is spot on if you set your stride up correctly & dont go with the default one.

As for the One being easily lost. I've had mine a year and a half and never once lost it, misplaced it or washed it by accident. People who lose it or whatever are just simply not taking care of an investment they paid for. You would not lose a bike. A car. Hell I've never even lost a mobile phone. People are simply careless.Force was never going to fix people doing stuff like that.

I clip mine to my underwear at the hip & not my pants. It never gets 'hooked' on anything & I'll assume everyone wears some form of underwear?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone simply download the fitbit app and turn of bluetooth and it will sync each time that you open the app :) very easy and nice to keep any eye on throughout the day

It does not work on every smartphone at all. I have a newer phone & it does not sync at all cause it's not bluetooth 4.0 and not compatible anyway...only a very small are.
  • LucyQdini67
    LucyQdini67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Zip. LOVE it. When I first heard about/started thinking about step tracking, I came across the FitBit Force, then I read about the rash issue...if something can cause a rash, I will get that rash, so then started thinking about the Flex. I was really thinking I wanted a wrist band tracker. But then read that the Flex has no actual display, and didn't want to be "tied" to my phone to view the recorded info. Considered the One. Ended up getting the Zip...reasoning:
    -The Zip IS less expensive...and I do not have many stairs in my life, so tracking stairs doesn't really matter to me.
    -Zip doesn't track sleep....but I know I sleep, I sleep well, if for some reason I don't sleep well...I know that too....don't need a tracker to tell me that :)
    -I don't wear a watch, and after having the Zip, realize that a wrist-worn tracker would drive me insane.
    -Zip has a display...but I usually just look at the info on my app anyhow, so that was not an issue after all.
    -Zip has an actual battery...I've had it for at least 2 months, sync with my phone often, and the battery is still showing as "full".

I washed my Zip about 2 weeks after purchase, it seemed to work fine but I exchanged it for a new one just in case since I still had the receipt.

Zip seems accurate....unless you are wearing it on a hard-tail motorcycle :)

I also have the FitBit Aria Scale, and love that the scale, FitBit app, and MFP apps all sync.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Had one of the first clip on ones. I also used to use a bodymedia fit (for 9 months) and had a very accurate TDEE count because of this. I found that the fitbit was consistently under by around 250 cals for my resistance training session. As long as you know this, it's fine though.

Now use a flex as I lost the clip on one. Much better for me.

Also, good to hear people are using them in a bit of water. I was a bit paranoid in the shower.
  • JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    I really love my Fitb One. I don't want one on my wrist - for various reasons (too visable, I type at a computer all day with my wrist on the wrist-rest, etc.) . The One hides easily in my pocket.