Work in Progress... 31lbs. down, 67lbs. to go

Options
Hi everyone,
I am lacking a little motivation so I decided to compare my before and after pictures so far. It’s only been 4 months since I started to actually give a crap about what I put in my body and my level of activity. I have been overweight all my life and an on and off again vegetarian. After Christmas 2013 I was looking at some pictures of myself and I cannot believe I let myself get like that. I have always dressed nice, wore make up and was generally a confident person to everyone’s perspective. What they do not realize is that I was just masking my self-hatred and sadness. The TRUTH is I have never really been happy. I was always the child that was there in the background, the one who observed but never really lived. This has really affected me in my adult life. While I am outgoing at my job ( I think because I have to be ( I’m an operating room nurse btw)), I lack the confidence in social situations and this is due to my weight. Being obese is such a ****ed up disease and yea I do call it a disease because it affects every aspect of a person’s life. It’s so much more than what you eat and how you move…. Being obese and weight loss in general is MENTAL! Even today, after I have lost 31 lbs. I don’t see any difference, even though I do feel different (I have more energy, increase in mobility), it all comes back to how I mentally feel about myself. I am scared because I feel the only way weight loss will stick is if I learn to love myself now… at this weight because if I can’t even now when I am thinner there will always be something that I don’t like about myself. I think that’s why when I lost 80lbs. 3 years ago it never stayed off because yea I was thinner but I was still very unhappy mentally. I am trying to take my weight loss journey differently. I am more interested in how things make me feel, not what I can and cannot do. While calorie counting does help me stay on track, I am more focused on quality rather than quantity. I would rather eat dense nutritious food than junk that share the same caloric value. Also, doing exercise that makes me happy is so important because going to the gym 3-5 times a week gets old. Any woo… this is just an update on me and if you would like to be a part of my weight loss journey please feel free to friend me. I really want to get to know people so we can better support each other. Thanks for reading : )

d76ab94c-f0b4-4dfb-8597-73d908c9c34c_zps853c419d.jpg

Replies

• amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    can see the loss in your face! look forward to seeing more of your progress pics in the near future.
  • tatecass
    tatecass Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, keep it up! Love yourself now, you deserve it!
  • schoolhealthy2060
    Options
    Great job I can really tell in your face.
  • kmcher
    kmcher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I felt like I could really relate to your story. I went from being 145 lbs to 200 in less than a year and a half and I've become so insecure and it really does affect every aspect of my life. I feel tired, weak, unhappy, etc. NOW, I am finally doing something about it. I don't just want to be skinny. I want to be healthy, feel good, and still look at myself in the mirror and know I'M in control of my weight. I'm so excited for you! Just PUSH through. Never say "tomorrow, I'll be better!" (That used to be my slogan.) Also, love yourself :) It is a necessary processing in achieving that healthy lifestyle! Most all, remember you're capable of ANYTHING. Your health is in YOUR hands :) GOOD LUCK GIRL! :)))
    keep up the amazingness!
    Stay awesome!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! :-)
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel Posts: 10,891 Member
    Options
    You are doing it!!! You are pretty, I bet you'll be stunning when you're done! Keep on doing what you're doing because it's working! :drinker:
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job!! You look great.
  • kristincreate
    Options
    You're doing great & you look fantastic!
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You're looking great girl! I can absolutely relate to how you've felt and how you're feeling. Learning to love yourself is a bigger job than any of the meal prepping and exercising is and unless you've known what its like to truly dislike yourself its difficult to understand. It's almost like I sometimes look for a way to fail because I feel like it is inevitable because that's me; the failure. At least that's how I used to feel. I am getting some better, but it certainly is difficult. My husband challenged me to write down something I love about myself everyday for 60 days and they all had to be different. I thought it would be impossible, but really, there's a lot to love! I am certain that you are the same too. Love yourself cause you rock!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think you look terrific, you are a very pretty girl, and you need to stay motivated for all the little things you are probably gaining, such as energy, a healthier body, clearer complexion and the confidence you are gaining. Since you have a nursing degree you've already proved you can accomplish a goal you are after, I'm sure that your degree took a lot of hard work too. Keep going....
  • RebeccaS1552
    Options
    I can see a major difference... keep up the good work!! :smile: Also, I agree with you about having to love yourself ~ I'm learning that lesson this time around, too :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!