body shape

Options
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

hi guys

a few questions i could do with advice for.
my stats are 4ft 10" 121lb, 33" waist at belly button, 34" hips

1, what would you describe my body shape as?
2, whats the best way to lose my tummy?
3, what should i be cutting out to lost my tummy? i.e carbs?fat?sugar?

thanks

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

hi guys

a few questions i could do with advice for.
    my stats are 4ft 10" 121lb, 33" waist at belly button, 34" hips

1, what would you describe my body shape as?
    2, whats the best way to lose my tummy?
    3, what should i be cutting out to lost my tummy? i.e carbs?fat?sugar?

thanks

Lower case img
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I personally say you are an hour galss...measure your waist at it's natural bend...(or smallest point)

To lose fat you need to be in a deficet...carbs/sugar do not have to be cut out...

While in a deficet doing some sort of resistence training or heavy lifting you will see changes in your body above and beyond weight loss.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Looks like you store your BF in your stomach (as many woman do). Just keep eating at a reasonable caloric deficit. Unless you are intolerant to something or have other medical issues, there is no reason to cut anything out of your diet.
  • kellyleekyle
    kellyleekyle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hi and thanks, i try to eat 1200 calories a day, sometimes a little more sometimes less, but i try to stay within my weekly limit, my tummy just seems to stay the same. it sits over my waist line when i sit down. all the sit ups i do haven't changed it either
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Banana/Ruler. But who knows where you'll end up as you drop the fat, bodies can be funny like that
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    1. Human
    2. Burn more calories than you consume
    3. Calories

You're just going to have to keep plugging away until the fat comes off of that area. Everyone has an area of their body that likes to hold weight and is the last place to go.
  • chantellelouise03
    Options
    t
  • chantellelouise03
    Options
    Not an hourglass unless your waist is 24 or below but hardly any woman are your maybe between ruler/banana but you look great just a little off the stomach and you'd have a pretty much perfect body in my opinion.
    I like to hula hoop for my belly you see a difference quick and its quite easy.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Not an hourglass unless your waist is 24 or below but hardly any woman are your maybe between ruler/banana but you look great just a little off the stomach and you'd have a pretty much perfect body in my opinion.

Not that a label really matters, but that is a ridiculously arbitrary thing to say. It's about proportion not absolute size.

Anyway, to lose the tummy you just have to keep plugging away at losing the fat with a calorie deficit. Eventually it will come off or get to a point where you are okay with it. Sit ups are fine and all, but unless you lose the layer of fat on top of the muscle, all the hard work from those sit ups won't show through - I wish spot reducing was possible (stomach is my problem area too) but sadly it is not.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I'm 37/30/37, what do you call that if not an hourglass? I just have a large frame. Just saying.

OP, just keep eating at a deficit, you'll lose the belly eventually. I have no idea what your shape is though.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat at a deficit but don't lose much weight.

Walking has made a big difference in my bodyshape. Using the Arctrainer at the gym also makes a big difference. If you walk, pay attention to your posture and your rear end. I make it a point to walk with my butt muscles for a good amount of time.

Chia seeds have helped flatten my midsection - it feels like I'm not bloated. Don't eat too close to bedtime - or if you do, eat fruit/veggies rather than carbs. Reducing carbs usually helps with belly fat. Eat more protein.

Good luck!
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Human.
    Why are so many women obsessed with body shape? You can look good with any "shape". IMO those don't even exist.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Not an hourglass unless your waist is 24 or below...

I am 34.5, 26, 34
    I am no 24 inch waist but I am certainly not apple or pear shaped, I don't think ruler/banana either as I have a backside and a decent size chest. It is about proportion.

OP I'm going to be sprinting to lose my layer of fat on my stomach so my abs can show, that and up my protein. Here read this, I found it rather encouraging and helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

As for body shape goes I agree, I think ruler or banana :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Rectangle. And just calorie deficit to lose body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    For gawd's sake please don't cut ANY food groups out of your diet! They are all necessary for good overall health--yes, even sugars, in small to moderate amounts.

Lift heavy weights and eat at a moderate calorie deficit. That's all.
  • chantellelouise03
    Options
    Because she said hips 34 so 10 smaller is 24 really you just need a good 10 inches difference to be hourglass that's why so many women make the mistake
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Human.
    Why are so many women obsessed with body shape? You can look good with any "shape". IMO those don't even exist.

Since different women have different shapes, it does exist. She just wanted other people's opinions and didn't make any judgement calls relating to one shape being better than the other. This hardly equated to "obsessive" behavior.
  • mscob
    mscob Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! Just wanted to add. When you're doing situps keeping that stomach tucked in is pretty crucial. If you puff the muscles out they will become short and large. I had a teacher years ago that explained that to me. I'm assuming that's not what you're going for. I use a stability ball for form and it really helps to elongate the muscles when I stretch back, keep them in using gravity, and then pull up.

I might be telling you something you already know but just wanted to try to help. I used to have a large lower abdomen pouch and it's virtually gone now from keeping those lower muscles sucked in. Laying on the ground and lifting my rear really helped with that.