A bit down and I am trying hard

I am a bit down about my weight today. Last Tuesday I had finally got down to 110.7 kilos and was on target to be below 110 for my 44th Birthday on May 11th. Originally I was 136 Kilos on the 1st of January 2014. This was one of my personal goals and to celebrate it I was going to take my boys and I to TJI Fridays as they have been asking to go.

Anyway I have been walking everyday, except for yesterday as my youngest ended up ill and I took care of him. Usually I am trying to do at least 10,000 Steps each day.

My calorie intake has did have 2 high days last week.

Monday 1447
Tuesday 1116
Wednesday 1201
Thursday 1306
Friday 1200
Saturday 1429

Steps counted with Fitbit

Sunday - 12,652
Monday - 10,890
Tuesday - 6,902
Wednesday 11,800
Thursday - 9,836
Friday - 10,870
Saturday - 3570

My exercise is primarily walking.

At the end of this week I went from 110.7 to 111.4.

Any advice would be great.:smile:

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Weight loss is not linear. You are GOING to gain/lose/lose/gain/gain get frustrated. :) Maybe you had a high sodium day and you're retaining a little water. Maybe you exercised a little harder than normal and you are retaining water. But when you're eating in a deficit, you're NOT gaining fat.

Are you measuring and weighing your food? If you're not counting accurately, there is a possibility that you're eating more than you realize, which could account for actual weight gain - otherwise, it's just water weight. :)
  • trinity5703
    trinity5703 Posts: 78
    Im going to echo what Davis_em said.... its not a straight down the scale process.
    Dont let ONE result on the scale trip you up. Look how far you've come!
    Drink more water, pay attention to weighing your food... and I bet you will see that tiny bit come right back off.
  • Oberon70
    Oberon70 Posts: 8
    Thanks.
    The good thing is need to use the scale when I have my fruit
    I am usually having 2 rapdloss shakes a day plus fruit.
    and then I have a frozen meal for dinner - lean cuisine or healthy choice, which I use the fitness plus app to scan into my food meals for the day.
    but yesterday i didn't have shakes, and the sodium was probably higher...i will check.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    It's just water. I weigh myself everyday and sometimes it will jump up two or three pounds in one day, it's just water, when I weigh in the next day or two I'm right back where I'm supposed to be. I recommend you take measurements because tape don't lie. If you had you would have seen you got smaller even though the scale said you gained.
  • You already have a husband and kids (you probably had kids so that you could parade them around to the world to show that you have a husband) so why care what you look like?
  • Oberon70
    husband and kids? I am a guy and not married (divorced for 7 years) and my children do not get paraded around the world. We stay home mostly as my youngest has a severe disability. So I don't understand you comment above.
  • husband and kids? I am a guy and not married (divorced for 7 years) and my children do not get paraded around the world. We stay home mostly as my youngest has a severe disability. So I don't understand you comment above.

Oh I see so you had kids before getting divorced so you could give the illusion that you were with someone. Fair enough, society puts a lot of pressure these days on us singles. But I'm not going to have kids just to prove anything.
  • Oberon70
    husband and kids? I am a guy and not married (divorced for 7 years) and my children do not get paraded around the world. We stay home mostly as my youngest has a severe disability. So I don't understand you comment above.

hmmm..there was a weird post on here before but now it is gone...quess I am going senile in my old age:). Thanks for the support and I went for a walk today 8k and feel better..defiantly won't give up.
  • Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Don't let alittle swing in weight discourage you. it is completely normal. I do understand how you feel though, I get bummed about it also and try using it as motivation.
  • Oberon70
    Thanks for the support and what I did was put some photos together of myself - just to look at the difference from Christmas Time until now. I am half way and I am defiantly going to keep going and I will enjoy the dinner out with my boys on my 44th.

This is also the lightest I have been in over 10 years.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfu7qpw0637097t/index.jpg