ELLIE WOOL is a Munching fool ;-)

Options
Hello MFP Pals!
I hate diets!

Anyone else gave up smoking…..? I did 3 years ago and its the best thing I ever did but controlling my weight has been really hard since- I just have to crack this and drop 17 lbs - anyone else looking to shift similar? Im in the UK,,,where is everyone from??..all over / I guess/ it doesn't matter but I'm happy to help and am hoping to find some buddies too tough it out and get stronger & leaner.

I'm 42 - a Mum- work from home - walk my dog and do fitness DVDs (like Jillian Michaels)- a bit of Pilates - I would like to learn to run as that seems to turn people sleek but Ive got some health issues stopping me from doing any hardcore cardio (thank god)
Am I the only person who doesn't like cardio… in fact 2 of my biggest problems are I don't like diets and I don't like exercise- any ideas?!

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I have to give you props for trying to rhyme wool with fool. I know that you are a Brit, but I'm hard pressed to think of any accent in which that would work. I'd rhyme wool with bull and fool with pool. But, "EllieWool is a munching bull", just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? Just teasing! :P

Please peruse my profile and forum posts and feel free to add me, if you think that we would make a good fit. If not, I wish you much success in your weight loss.
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to make it feel like I'm NOT actually dieting. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but counting portions etc. (just like thee old classic food pyramid) seems to work better for me than weighing and measuring everything I put in my mouth. There's a relatively new diet called the 1:1:1 diet that focuses more on types of food-food groups etc. vs. mega calorie counting. (I'm not affiliated-it's just something I'm trying). Also, try something fun-a new activity-learn to dance, try archery lol-just something you might enjoy. Make exercise NOT feel like torture. Make it fun. Personally I like to hike and walk a lot. Spending time communing with nature doesn't feel like exercise to me.
  • EllieWool
    EllieWool Posts: 12
    Options
    See I would say Wool and Fool rhyme fine but maybe it is my accent!
    Happy Days! what is a rhyming prop?
    Nice to hear from you and as it is actually a sunny day I'm going to get outside, as I agree AgateFairy - being out in the countryside walking does not feel like exercise at all- I walk every day but it just doesn't seem to make a difference to my weight loss goals.

Its more that, to me at least, it seems that if you want to get really lean you have to get really mean (tell me that rhymes mini zebu?) and its the sweaty hardcore training that I'm looking to replace with something - yes along the lines or archery or hill walking- you'd just have to do it all day and part of the night to get the same calorie burn!

Anyway Good Luck to both of you with your healthy days...
  • TinyBriony51
    Options
    I am from the UK and looking to lose 17lbs :) x
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I have to give you props for trying to rhyme wool with fool. I know that you are a Brit, but I'm hard pressed to think of any accent in which that would work. I'd rhyme wool with bull and fool with pool. But, "EllieWool is a munching bull", just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? Just teasing! :P

Please peruse my profile and forum posts and feel free to add me, if you think that we would make a good fit. If not, I wish you much success in your weight loss.

there are many different accents and dialects in the UK... pretty much every major city has its own dialect and there are rural parts with their own dialect too

<-- is now trying to guess what part of the country the OP's from based on wool rhyming with fool.... maybe somewhere near Liverpool - they're kind of funky with some of the long vowel sounds..... her and hair rhyme in Liverpool anyway lol....
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Ummm, wool does rhyme with fool in any accent. You're either not sure what rhyme means or you're having trouble pronouncing wool...
  • 12bfree
    12bfree Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking Nov 05, 2012 and gained over thirty pounds in three months. So, I can appreciate your challenge. Good luck on your quest. (12bfree from the effects of cigarettes).
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellie Im John Im trying to lose 13 pounds. Im down 5 with 8 more to go for my goal weight. Im from Central coast California. Feel free to add me if you want. Have a great day. Good Luck with your goals. :smile:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Ummm, wool does rhyme with fool in any accent. You're either not sure what rhyme means or you're having trouble pronouncing wool...

it doesn't rhyme in many accents. in my accent wool has a short sound like in put and bull..... and fool has a long sound like in pool...... they sound quite different in a lot of accents, and the same in others.

There are lots of examples of differences like this... for example in most British dialects saw and sore sound the same but in most (or maybe even all?) USA dialects they sound very different.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's really strange. I've never heard any dialects where wool would not rhyme with fool.
  • SunnyGal2014
    Options
    If you're working at home why do you want to lose weight? No one's going to see you. Unless you want to seduce your son? That's illegal you know...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

You are one sick individual.
    Reported. And, get a life.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Also reported.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Also reported the troll. Ignore her insanity, as she's been trolling all day.