New here and ready for change!

Options
Hi there! My name is Kerry, I'm 48 and new to this site. I am so ready to make a change this year because I've been overweight just about all of my life and I'm tired of paying for weight loss. Years ago I quit smoking through an online support group and decided that maybe I could lose weight with one as well! I tried another site last year and while there was a ton of information and great recipes...the site was so "busy" that I had trouble navigating and keeping up. I need a place that's straight and to the point and any tips that anyone can give me would be much appreciated. I'd also love to have a friend or two for moral support! From what I can gather, you choose your own foods and form of fitness and just plug that in...is that correct? This site seems very user friendly and that's exactly what I'm looking for. So glad to be here....looking forward to a great year! Well....here we go!!!!

Replies

• redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry! You'll love it here. The support is great!!! Stay at your calories and exercise and you'll lose the weight! We all work together and motivate each other. Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    welcome to the site, once you start logging in and see what you;re doing it gets easier and you start to make changes in your diet to suit you. Include some excercise and you will be fine. Good Luck,
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerry, I am new here as well and am also looking for motivation and support. Still trying to figure all this out myself but if you would like to add me maybe we can help one another out with support on our new journey:) Best wishes to you!
  • SewLisa
    SewLisa Posts: 22
    Options
    Everyone on this site is so supportive! I've been fumbling around with the site for a few days and it really is easy to navigate. Just entering in the food you eat can be an eye opener and the accountability of having to enter everything you eat will change what you put in your mouth :) Good Luck!
  • clooker
    Options
    Im new today too! I need all the help I can get! I have a lot to loose! Good luck Kerry!
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Thanks for such a great welcome! I'm sure I'll be able to figure all of this out! I am really looking forward to it. I just need to tell myself that change happens one day at a time. I'm going to start right now...off to take a walk!
  • kbefit
    Options
    Good luck to you too! We can do this!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site, good luck on your weight loss journey, you'll find that you get lots of support on here. All the best for 2011 :flowerforyou:
  • TooHot2Handle2
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • kbefit
    Options
    One quick question....once I entered my exercise for the day...my calories jumped back up again. I don't need to eat those calories back again do I? This is the type of stuff I need to figure out...I'll get there! :)