Today is the DAY!!

Options
Grant it!.. yesturday again was filled with bad news for our family .. but what else is new when were averaging 1 to 2 deaths a week since before christmas.. I guess thats part of being in a large family and close.

Yesturday we were met at our door with a ringing phone. With information that My Husbands One Uncle was on his way to become an Angel.. and that all the family should come.. IF he makes it through the night he will be moved to the Dove House .. Hopice!

Then the same time they called the family in. Another Uncle was rushed to the ER.. with sugar levels reaching over 500. And is now in coma, and on heart machine and respirator. NO response.

Well, when i would like to finish my story and go into why i am writing this post..I have to also say.. that thats not it.. A young man that comes over to see us regualary, and we just had a picnic with a couple of weeks ago.. was stabbed and in shock trauma.

sooooo with all this.. i have made today....my BACK TO REALITY ... and im starting back today after being off my diet for a week.... i have to realize that i cant let this stuff get to me.. not just these things but everything else.. that im dealing with too.. i knew these times would come.. and i know that i have to deal with them.. without food...

Sooo... im starting today.. and holding on tight to that wagon... im gonna try.. my damnest..

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Grant it!.. yesturday again was filled with bad news for our family .. but what else is new when were averaging 1 to 2 deaths a week since before christmas.. I guess thats part of being in a large family and close.

Yesturday we were met at our door with a ringing phone. With information that My Husbands One Uncle was on his way to become an Angel.. and that all the family should come.. IF he makes it through the night he will be moved to the Dove House .. Hopice!

Then the same time they called the family in. Another Uncle was rushed to the ER.. with sugar levels reaching over 500. And is now in coma, and on heart machine and respirator. NO response.

Well, when i would like to finish my story and go into why i am writing this post..I have to also say.. that thats not it.. A young man that comes over to see us regualary, and we just had a picnic with a couple of weeks ago.. was stabbed and in shock trauma.

sooooo with all this.. i have made today....my BACK TO REALITY ... and im starting back today after being off my diet for a week.... i have to realize that i cant let this stuff get to me.. not just these things but everything else.. that im dealing with too.. i knew these times would come.. and i know that i have to deal with them.. without food...

Sooo... im starting today.. and holding on tight to that wagon... im gonna try.. my damnest..
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Well, sorry you are going through all that, but congrats for keeping yourself on track and with your new plan! YEY YOU! Keep up your chin!

:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I am really sorry you are going throught that. When I began my healthier lifestyle I was surprised to find that eating well and exercising actually helped reduce my stress levels.

Good luck. I'll pray for your family.
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I am sorry you are going through such a rough time. You know everyone here will support you! HUGS!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well I already talked to you about all this but..

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for all of the things you are going thru! :flowerforyou:

I've been run over by my wagon for a week, too!!! But today is a new day and we have to get back on and take care of ourselves!!!! WE can do this and we WILL!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Through everything.. i havent gained.. ive maintained which is a blessing.. sooo.. hofully ill lose next week.. somedays i wish you all were here.. to talk me down.. like here in my house.. when i want to go to the fridge
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Through everything.. i havent gained.. ive maintained which is a blessing.. sooo.. hofully ill lose next week.. somedays i wish you all were here.. to talk me down.. like here in my house.. when i want to go to the fridge

Wouldn't that be awesome! Maybe we all need to make a montage of our voices saying different things like "CLOSE THE FRIDGE, WOMAN!!!"..."STEP AWAY FROM THE PANTRY!!!!" We could hang the recorder on the fridge with a big sign that reads "In Case of Emergency, Push Play!" :laugh:
  • IrishRosebud
    Options
    Sorry to hear about all the stuff you are going though. I feel stressful times is one of the hardest times to stay on track. Its great that you jumped right back on. :flowerforyou: Kindest wishes!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I have a teammate here who was sent off of deployment back to the states because he one is about to have a new addition and one of the members of his family is dying. I believe with death there is new life. I know that doesn't help you in your grief but we are all thinking of you here....

On the weight thing, we are only humans and as humans we are emotional creatures so we all tend to have our times I thought I was going to loose it when I found out I might have cervical cancer and finalizing my divorce all within a week period. But god doesn't give us anything we can't handle and I try not to ask why but what can I do to make it better :heart: and prayers
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Sorry for all those things going on, try to harness and channel the frustrations into your workout. I'm praying for you and your family.

God bless
  • snow7kids
    Options
    Sorry to hear all the stuff you are going through and have gone through. I haven't experienced that kind of pain (don't really have any family outside of my own kids).....but....I have experienced serious problems/issues that I had no control over.....I know what it is like to live my life not knowing minute by minute what might happen next and how will I deal with it......and will it do me in? What I have learned is that....well, one day I just thought about the fact that whether I eat or not, I am still going to have
    "X" problem and if I control my eating, I will at least have control over THAT and it helps me feel in control--. I can remember a particular time when I got thin and had to go through being responsible for someone who was suicidal (for a year--drama on a daily basis)...and I thought, "Thank God I don't have a weight problem on top of all of this".....it was such a relief to NOT have to deal with both at the same time.