Ketogenic Diet: Success stories & advice

Options
Zdehni
Zdehni Posts: 67 Member
Hi all,

Today I'm starting my Ketogenic diet since I've heard so much positive feedback. I would love to hear some success stories or any advice that can be passed over :)

Some questions:
Whats the recommended macronutrients % I should follow?
Do I still implement a calorie deficit for guaranteed weight loss?
Some suggestions/examples of daily meals?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks all:)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    25P / 5F / 70F would be a starting point for ketogenic. Some people are more protein sensitive than others.

I lost >60 lbs. Typically you get a calorie deficit "for free" as you eat less of the more satisfying foods - no more "chinese meal effect".
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you won't lose any more fat than you would with a mixed diet of the same caloric intake, you still need a caloric deficit, a lot of people do find it's more satiating than a diet with carbs though

Macros: 1 gram protein per lb lean bodymass, sub 30 gram carbs, fill remaining calories with fats, don't go by macro percentages it's archaic, go by grams per lb lean bodymass and let the ratio fall wherever it may
  • helizi
    helizi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Whats the recommended macronutrients % I should follow?

5% of cals from carbs, 0.8-1.2 x lean body mass (lbs) in protein, and fat until satiation. You'll also need a lot more electrolytes than on a standard carb diet - 3,500mg/day of potassium, 5.000/day sodium, 300mg/day magnesium.
    Do I still implement a calorie deficit for guaranteed weight loss?

Yes. All weight loss requires a deficit.
    Some suggestions/examples of daily meals?

Bunless cheeseburgers with mushrooms. Spinach and avocado salad with olive oil dressing. Salmon and asparagus slathered in butter. Coconut-milk chicken curry. Bacon-wrapped everything.